VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello

I have a software which streams a video over network and what I want is to convert it to composite.
    Do you know any device which is able to convert MPEG stream to composite?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Play the network stream full screen on any computer (or standalone media player) with composite output.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Actually at first, I decided to play my video on full screen and convert VGA to composite. After a lot of search, I ordered a VGA to composite converter but the converter was awful. After a lot of searching, I realized that converting VGA to composite is so complicated. So, I decided to change the structure. I decided to stream the video and convert it to composite.

Jabago: I can't do it, because it's not a normal PC. It's different machine (tiny) with Intel CPU.
    By the way, can you tell me about exact device you are talking about?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How about YOU give us more info, wrt your equipment, first...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by khodam View Post
    I ordered a VGA to composite converter but the converter was awful.
    That's mostly because composite video is awful (compared to VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.) Composite out from a graphics card (or any devcie) will only be marginally better. Remember composite video is always standard definition.

Originally Posted by khodam View Post
    I can't do it, because it's not a normal PC. It's different machine (tiny) with Intel CPU.
    Can you add a graphics card with composite out?

By the way, can you tell me about exact device you are talking about?
    Media players would be something like the Western Digital WDTV. They can play files via a network connection, on a USB drive, and some network streams. Outputs range from composite, s-video, component, HDMI.
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Nov 2013 at 16:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, as Cornucopia said; I'm gonna tell you what I'm doing. So you can think and help me better.

I have a tiny single board computer with Intel Corei5 CPU [Windows 7 installed]. It has a mini-PCI Video Capture Card which converts composite video to digital data and my application records input video and should playback video on demand. My output video should be composite.
    First I decided to play videos in full-screen and convert VGA to composite. After a lot of struggling, I decided to stream video in network and purchase a "network stream to composite converter".
    With all this information, can you make me an offer that I can't refuse?

Thank you very much
    Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That's mostly because composite video is awful (compared to VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.) Composite out from a graphics card (or any devcie) will only be marginally better. Remember composite video is always standard definition.
    You are right. What if my VGA output be 800x600?

Can you add a graphics card with composite out?
    Unfortunately no. Because it's not standard desktop PC. Although I don't want to add more boards on my device (I cool the device hardly, so I can't add another heat-producing board on it)

Media players would be something like the Western Digital WDTV. They can play files via a network connection, on a USB drive, and some network streams. Outputs range from composite, s-video, component, HDMI.
    Hmm.... thank you. I'll check it out.

Thank you jagabo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by khodam View Post
    You are right. What if my VGA output be 800x600?
    I haven't played with VGA to composite scan converters for quite some time. In the past the best results came with the VGA card set to output 640x480. I don't think you can get Windows to display that small a Desktop any more. But you can probably get a media player to use that resolution.

Hmm.... thank you. I'll check it out.
    I don't know what form your network streamed video takes. Be sure whatever you get supports that type of streaming. The devices are usually pretty limited. DLNA is the most likely to work.
    Last edited by jagabo; 2nd Nov 2013 at 17:55.
    Quote Quote