VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    You would need a preview to do a screen cap. Remember the delays to the HDTV display and different delays through the computer to the videocard display.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was thinking how to record my xbox 360 gameplay, its isnt hard then you play on tv, but more complicated then on LCD with just Vga slot, so maybe you know is this going to work:
    1.Plug Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable into LCD and enjoy the game
    2.Plug Xbox 360 S-Video AV Cable into dazzle and record at the same time
    Is it possible to use at the same time xbox's hdmi and S-video?
    Btw i got 2 Lcd, one want to use for recording, other for playing
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HDMI or S-Video.
    That is the problem.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, but what about X2VGA 2? http://www.x2vga.com/product but not sure about recording
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found a fairly cheap way but it's not full HD, I don't think this is possible without paying alot of money.

i used the 360 component/composite/s-video cable where they are all one one cable, I plug the component cables in the back of my TV and the s-video cable into my capture device. Although it's not HD quality becase the video signal is being going through the 3 component cables the quality is pretty decent.

There is something called BlitxBox that according to the description I have read allows you to play in 720 while at the same time outputs to your PC for you to capture in 480i. This costs about $99 but I have yet to find anywhere that sells it and it is out of stock from the supplier?

Has anyone tried this or heard of this before?

If it was possible to hook up the console to the TV in 720 and also just display the video through the pc also then you could use a screen capture device, I know alot of them only have pass through signals when using anything greater than 480i so not allowing you to record the actual signal but it doesn't stop you recording whats on screen. Only thing is I haven't found anything that will allow this as yet?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^
    I'm familiar with the BlitzBox, but the quality is not good. It is convenient if all you're trying to do is play in hd and record in sd.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Could I Record in HD via Composite into my Dazzle Video Creator Platinum.
    And then play in HD via HDMI?

kinda like this but HDMI instead.

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    rhem

360's only output one given specification at a time. . . iow the output won't be 720p (component) and 480p (s-video) at the same time.

eDV already said it: "You can output HD <OR> SD, <NOT> both". So you can't record in standard definition onto your sd capture card and play in high definition at the same time with that joytech cable.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ok thanks, I'll update the thread if I come across anything new
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way to make the Blackmagic Media Express capture software bundled with Blackmagic Intensity Pro go full screen? Those annoying frames burn the picture to my projector. I tried Virtualdub but it's no good for the game video captures I do (Xbox 360 & Wii) because of the delay in video and audio.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anybody captured PS3 yet vis HDMI and the Blackmagic? I think I might go the HAVA and capture PS2 games that do 720p namely GT4. I will mostly capture replays instead of live game play. Maybe with Pro Race Driver 3.

None of the options are cheap and frankly Dazzle doesn't cap in HD...
    Project Digital: Eliminate All Physical Media is finally underway!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody want a SKnet Monster X capture card? I'll be putting it on ebay soon.
    Visit http://www.cgaming.com for 720p and 480p Game Videos from the Xbox 360 and Wii
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice thread, wish I would've found it earlier.

Well I've just about given up hope as of now. I cannot capture audio from the BM Intensity (not pro) via 360. Is this an HDCP issue? Would I be better off just getting the Pro so I won't have to jump through loops to get a single audio/video file? I can capture video fine but I cannot capture audio whatsoever, any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Digital audio is usually an either/or issues. Either it goes out via HDMI or it goes out through optical/coax. Not both. Could that be your problem? Or maybe the Intensity doesn't like the audio format. AC3, PCM, 48 KHz, 96 KHz, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have my audio going through an optical cable but even when I unplugged so the console wouldn't be confused as to what connection I wanted to use for audio I still got nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I don't know about the Xbox 360 in particular, but you usually have to configure the device to specify which output to use. Look for audio options in any setup menus. If the Xbox 360 automatically switches, make sure you unplug the cable digital cable at the Xbox 360 end, not the reciever end. Also try powering off the Xbox 360 and restarting it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did that, nothing.

I found this on another forum though:

"What I did was start my Xbox with my computer shut off, the Green Ring doesn't flash. That means the Xbox is trying to ask my cap card if it's HDCP compliant, but it doesn't respond. When I turn on my computer, the cap card wakes up and says "Yes, I'm HDCP compliant." But the thing is, is that the capture card is programmed not to be able to correctly capture HDCP materials, and in my case, it's disabling audio. So what I do after I see the Green Rings flash on my Xbox, is immediately shut off my computer while it's booting and restart it. What this does is resets the cap card so that it doesn't think it's capturing from an HDCP source, because the Xbox doesn't ask it if it's HDCP compliant for a second time. The capture card then assumes that it isn't an HDCP source because the Xbox never asked."

I'm going to try that and see if it works but even then I think I'm just going to go with the Pro. I really don't want to have to do that everytime I want to capture audio.

Again, if anyone has any ideas any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Wow, that's a pain! Let us know if it really works.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i'm after a way to capture footage from my Xbox 360 Elite.

I currently have the console connected to my TV using a component cable, I have looked for ways to capture to a component capture card but so far I have been unsuccessful. Is it possible to play the game using the Component cable, but record at the same time using a HDMI cable? If so, can anyone show me any capture cards capable of capturing from HDMI?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Get an HDFury2. Run the component output to a Hauppauge HD PVR. Run the HD PVR's component passthrough to your TV. Play on the TV, recored with the HD PVR.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Guest
    ~~
    Last edited by specane; 15th Oct 2010 at 16:37.
    Quote Quote  
  22. The passthrough on the HD PVR is analog -- it has no noticeable lag (maybe a few nanoseconds?). The display you see on the computer screen has about half a second delay because the HD PVR has to encode the video, send it to the computer via USB, and then the capture program buffers up several frames before displaying them (for smoother playback).
    Quote Quote  
  23. Guest
    ~~
    Last edited by specane; 15th Oct 2010 at 16:37.
    Quote Quote