VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to flash modified firmware on an LG BP620C? If so does anyone know of anywhere to find such firmwares? I'm guessing the answer is no since I've struck out finding any firmware in the usual places.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You're basically 10 years too late with this question. Back in the early 2000s some Chinese manufactured DVD players did have firmware modifications done for them. If there were any mods for major manufacturers like LG, there weren't many. The only modded firmware I've heard of in recent years was I heard of one Philips mod that was done specifically for Brazil to fix a problem with subtitles not showing all the possible accent marks in Portuguese. That's it. If you're looking for mods that do more than fix a subtitles issue, you'll need a time machine and probably a different DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I assumed there were modded firmwares to remove Cinavia detection
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The-One View Post
    I assumed there were modded firmwares to remove Cinavia detection
    Nope. If there were hardware or firmware modifications that could be done to remove the ability to detect Cinavia from any model of Blu-Ray player, it would be big news here at VideoHelp, but there has been no mention of such a thing.
    Quote Quote