VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People have +RW recorders and are transferring content to computers for authoring. I've asked here and at a few other boards for how they are doing this without any replies (through PMs), so I'm asking those +RW users here how they are transferring content. Some friends have Daytek P-30s and are ready for the next step and want to author their own DVDs. I can't help them since I have a Panasonic E80H and use DVD-RAM and have no problems getting my content to the computer with my LG 4040B.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Whew... your thread is hard to follow.

so I'm asking those +RW users here how they are transferring content.
    What 'content' are you trying to transfer oldfart? DataDVD's and all other DVD content that is not copy protected can be copied with any windows based copying tools (Windows Explorer, FileManager, DOS Copy, etc)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Gee I dont have a dvd recorder yet or know anyone that does but even I can abnswer that!.

I'd say the easiest was to transfer what is recorded on a dvd+rw disc from a dvd recorder would be to put the disc into your pc dvd drive, right click on the drive that has the dvd in & choose explore from there & you can then select the files (all I guess) & paste into a pre-determed directory!. & load into what ever pc program you then want to use, Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 for example.

Or just use something like dvd decrypter or dvd shrink which should recognise the disc.

Tubol
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a LiteOn 5001 (same as Daytek P-30). Just copy and paste the Video_TS folder to hard disk. Open with TMPG DVD Author, import and adjust chapter marks, cut out unwanted part, make a simple menu and burn.

Do not do any editing on the recorder, it might corrupt the files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way of making the +RW VOB files save to the HDD as one large VOB file? I've heard that this can be done with DVD Decryptor but I don't know how. I don't have this problem with RAM (splitting the capture into 1 Gig VOBs) so it's easier to do editing than with +RW. Having to edit and join several VOBs is a real pain...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    File Splitting - NONE
    Under settings in both File Mode and IFO Mode in DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    File Splitting - NONE
    Under settings in both File Mode and IFO Mode in DVDDecrypter.
    A good suggestion if you want to edit the VOB - I usually convert to DV with VirtualDub for this.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPG DVD Author got no problem dealing with splitted vob files. You do not have to deal with individual vob files. Just use import video from the VIDEO_TS folder. They will treat the whole thing as one single video file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cchang
    TMPG DVD Author got no problem dealing with splitted vob files. You do not have to deal with individual vob files. Just use import video from the VIDEO_TS folder. They will treat the whole thing as one single video file.
    That doesn't work for me sometimes. I'm almost positive it has something to do with the length of my recordings (HQ or SP mode)....SP Mode gives me the least amount of problems....but HQ Mode sometimes needs the File Splitting None in DVDDecrypter trick for TDA to accept both the video and audio on discs from my Philips DVDR985.
    6 of one....half-dozen of another...I manage to get done what I need to get done either with TDA of Ulead MF2.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oldfart13
    People have +RW recorders and are transferring content to computers for authoring. I've asked here and at a few other boards for how they are doing this without any replies (through PMs), so I'm asking those +RW users here how they are transferring content. Some friends have Daytek P-30s and are ready for the next step and want to author their own DVDs. I can't help them since I have a Panasonic E80H and use DVD-RAM and have no problems getting my content to the computer with my LG 4040B.
    I have both Daytek P30 and Philips DVDR75. Before I have DVDR75, I record everything with P30 and then DVD shrink to PC HDD, cut, edit and combine, no titles, and then back up.

With DVDR75, I do all editing works on the DVD+RW disc, including editing titles, almost everything etc. If I need to back up, I either use DVD shrink or DVD decrypter and then NERO to burn back up.

Unfortunately, those +RWs recorded by P30 are not interchageable with DVDR75. If I need to put titles on those recorded by P30, I will have to record again thru DVDR75.
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You mention that you capture DVD-Data whilst your friends cannot do that. Use VOBEDIT to extract the audio and video files from your .vobs and author them.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've made the single large VOB with DVD Decryptor and I can edit that just fine. I think Womble Mpeg Video Wizard may have re-encoded the audio but I'm not 100% sure yet until I try to author the disc. I'm taking this one step at a time so I can document things for other users I'm in contact with...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Old fart -s ee similar thread above.

Beleive me there are lots of us out there hanginga nd waiting to see how you get on - good luck.

Some of us aint lucky enough to have a RAM on teh pC so needing to do what you're attempting.

Keep us posted buddy
    Quote Quote