VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear people, I hope someone can help me. I had bought a ticket for an opera, whcih was sold out in February with 2,000 having bought a ticket for the october 17 concert, but due to corona tickets were annulled. Then I applied again to be one of the lucky 350, then 2 weeks ago, one of the lucky 250. Then it became just 30 and now Dutch governemnt has forbidden audience attendance. BUT, THE OPERA WILL TAKE PLACE without an audience and there will be a live webcast. Is it possible I can download when it streamed live? Here is the link, working Saturday at 13.00, maybe a bit earler: https://www.nporadio4.nl/live It's a superb baroque opera with superb solists: https://www.nporadio4.nl/ntrzaterdagmatinee/nieuws/6499-programmaboekje-2020-10-17 and booklet:https://www.nporadio4.nl/media/com_nporadio4/files/NTRZM2020-10-17-web.pdf Would jdownloader do it for me? Any assistance would be highly appreciated, sothat I have at least the video, and not just a ticket with which i can't do anything anymore. Thanks in advance, all the best from The Netherlands
    Last edited by blondbearnl; 16th Oct 2020 at 15:53. Reason: typos
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This probably goes against forum rules because it's a paid event.

Reported and I'll the mods decide.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If your original ticket was annulled, you were refunded your money. If you were fortunate enough to get the 350 or 250 online tix, but then couldn't get to be one of the 30, you would have had your money refunded again.
    So you want something you don't have access to and haven't paid for.

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed and didn't get to satisfy your fan craving. Life sux sometimes.
    But that doesn't mean you get to steal their property.

If the event is so attractive, it is very likely to be recorded so it can be subsequently streamed (rented) or sold in physical form. Get that.

In the 80s I TWICE had to miss The Who concerts and TWICE had to miss Eric Clapton, all 4 times due to cancellation by the artists due to health,etc reasons. Doesn't mean I should expect to take their recordings illicitly.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Surely if the opera is broadcast free (I saw no charge and no restriction for non-Dutch viewers) then such forum rules would not apply.

What I am more puzzled with is there actual video since this is a radio station and there was no actual video in the player when I just looked only an animation.

And opera is not normally performed at such an early hour.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Deceased
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    This probably goes against forum rules because it's a paid event.

Reported and I'll the mods decide.
    My reading of blondbearnl's post is that with the transition to a webcast, it is no longer a paid event.

As always, quick reporting though!

Perhaps blondbearnl can clear up any confusion about whether the webcast is freely open to the public or not.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is a free broadcast as to kind of relieve the disappointed ticketholders who can not attend and the orchestra and the soloists who get a chance to perform, albeit it without audience attendance. It is part of the Saturday matinee series of the Amsterdam Concertgebouw. Now without an audience till at kleast November 10, or cancelled altogether. This is the only one in that period that will actually take place, as the orchestra and the soloists know that at least 150,000 people will watch the webcast for free and maybe even more listen to just the radio audio broadcast live. The stream and broadcast will start at 13.00 Dutch or C.E.T. on Saturday October 17. Thanks for your quick answers!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    As always, quick reporting though!
    Yeah. I've been too quick on the trigger a few times. But, I hate to break it to you all, but I love the forum more than anyone individually and I'd hate to see something bad happen to it!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If your original ticket was annulled, you were refunded your money. If you were fortunate enough to get the 350 or 250 online tix, but then couldn't get to be one of the 30, you would have had your money refunded again.

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed and didn't get to satisfy your fan craving. Life sux sometimes.

If the event is so attractive, it is very likely to be recorded so it can be subsequently streamed (rented) or sold in physical form. Get that.

In the 80s I TWICE had to miss The Who concerts and TWICE had to miss Eric Clapton, all 4 times due to cancellation by the artists due to health,etc reasons. Doesn't mean I should expect to take their recordings illicitly.

Scott
    I am not complaining. I think it is marvellous that the orchestra and the soloists are willing to perform anyway, making this effort, travelling, rehearsing and performing in an empty hall. I have huge admiration for their perserverance. Refund is not the issue, perfectly solved. I would be even more than willing to pay for watching or paying the orchestra and the soloists. I am just so thrilled to hear or watch this on the internet or on the radio, that's all. No negativity from my point of view, just talking about my generation anyway, anyhow
    Last edited by blondbearnl; 17th Oct 2020 at 02:55.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Deceased
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by blondbearnl View Post
    It is a free broadcast as to kind of relieve the disappointed ticketholders who can not attend!
    And it is also free to anyone else, including non-ticket-holders who never heard of it until now?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    It is a free broadcast as to kind of relieve the disappointed ticketholders who can not attend!
    And it is also free to anyone else, including non-ticket-holders who never heard of it until now?
    Yes, it is. Free for anyone interested. You get some really brilliant singing in this over the top concert version of the opera.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM

Scott
    LOL. I've been listening to Kpop (don't laugh! ) for a few years and TWICE was the biggest group until BlackPink this year. I kept reading, you missed TWICE, two times in the U.S.?
    Last edited by lingyi; 16th Oct 2020 at 17:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am still confused.

You state 'webcast' but I see no advertisement of this other than the link to the radio broadcast.

I know probably more than many on here 'bout opera yet I have never heard of this piece or its composer. But I do understand what a 'concert performance' is and this does not appeal to me.

BTW I would guess that your best chance of getting a recording of this since if as you say it is live would be to acquire some screen-recording sw >> check out the Tools section of this site and test it out before commiting yourself when 'live'
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As an experiment I attempted a recording from the web page using my commercial software Jaksta Media Recorder. And this is what I got:

You might also wish to try Internet Download Manager >> IDM which does have a free trial with no restrictions.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post

Scott
    LOL. I've been listening to Kpop (don't laugh! ) for a few years and TWICE was the biggest group until BlackPink this year. I kept reading, you missed TWICE, two times in the U.S.?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    As an experiment I attempted a recording from the web page using my commercial software Jaksta Media Recorder. And this is what I got:

You might also wish to try Internet Download Manager >> IDM which does have a free trial with no restrictions.
    Normally, it would be just a radio broadcast. Sometimes, and even more in the special time we are living in now, that of the corona virus the Concertgebouw and the zaterdagmatinee have decided to webcast about half a dozen of the most special concerts as a webcast. We were just informed about this by mail and on their website on thursday, october 15, which came as a pleasant surprise.
    The reference to the webcast is the last word of this page: https://www.nporadio4.nl/ntrzaterdagmatinee/nieuws/6499-programmaboekje-2020-10-17
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am still confused.

You state 'webcast' but I see no advertisement of this other than the link to the radio broadcast.

I know probably more than many on here 'bout opera yet I have never heard of this piece or its composer. But I do understand what a 'concert performance' is and this does not appeal to me.

BTW I would guess that your best chance of getting a recording of this since if as you say it is live would be to acquire some screen-recording sw >> check out the Tools section of this site and test it out before commiting yourself when 'live'
    Thanks for that advice. 4 Hours to go, see what i can do with this help.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM

Scott
    apropos The Who. Tommy had its world premiere at the same building: Het Concertgebouw, Amsterdam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=blondbearnl;2598645]

Normally, it would be just a radio broadcast. Sometimes, and even more in the special time we are living in now, that of the corona virus the Concertgebouw and the zaterdagmatinee have decided to webcast about half a dozen of the most special concerts as a webcast. We were just informed about this by mail and on their website on thursday, october 15, which came as a pleasant surprise.
    The reference to the webcast is the last word of this page: https://www.nporadio4.nl/ntrzaterdagmatinee/nieuws/6499-programmaboekje-2020-10-17[/QUOTE]

My mastery of the Dutch language can be summed up in one non-Dutch word 'Zilch' But I did see that link which is how I got the recording I posted a sample from. But the country, when I was a regular traveller, was one of my favoured destinations - even toured it by cycle in my younger days.

In advance of the live 'event' do try IDM. Nothing to lose and when I did trial it earlier it does grab live streams and not just stored ones.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=DB83;2598649]

The reference to the webcast is the last word of this page: https://www.nporadio4.nl/ntrzaterdagmatinee/nieuws/6499-programmaboekje-2020-10-17[/QUOTE]

My mastery of the Dutch language can be summed up in one non-Dutch word 'Zilch' But I did see that link which is how I got the recording I posted a sample from. But the country, when I was a regular traveller, was one of my favoured destinations - even toured it by cycle in my younger days.

In advance of the live 'event' do try IDM. Nothing to lose and when I did trial it earlier it does grab live streams and not just stored ones.
    Thanks for the assistance and suggestions. To be sure I will try JDownloader and IDM. There was a staged production of the opera in Bayreuth Baroque in September. A stunning performance of which the staging and the story was set in 1920 Havana, a kind of Godfather setting. Needless to say I have that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any feedback of your success, or otherwise, in recording the concert ?

I watched some of it. What with the Italian vocals and the Dutch sub-titles I did not get to understand much and, as I previously stated, a concert performance of any opera is not to my liking.

One source of amusement tho is how that fella could hit those high notes
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very high notes indeed. And I already had the opera version of a month earlier. JDownloader did not download it for me and IDM did not do anything for me at all, but Jdownloader gave me a huge list of other files from that radiostation, some of which I am downlaoding, as we speak. thanks for your kind assistance. I am sure I will be able to download it at a later stage when the network radio4 will have edited it. At least I watched it live and it was, for me, an extemely enjoyable and emotional affair.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Surprised to read that IDM failed to grab it. But I did and if you want it PM me. I will have to edit it to remove some redundant minutes at the start, the interval and many redundant minutes after since I had to go out before the end. And we are talking of a +2 gb upload as well which will take a while on my slow upload speed.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Surprised to read that IDM failed to grab it. But I did and if you want it PM me. I will have to edit it to remove some redundant minutes at the start, the interval and many redundant minutes after since I had to go out before the end. And we are talking of a +2 gb upload as well which will take a while on my slow upload speed.

Oh my, that's awfully kind of you to do. I was moved a few times during the concert, but most at the end after the chorus when it was over and no-one, except a handful attendees applauded. If you could leave that in, that'd be great. It was such a wonderful performance, and instead of 2,000 people it was at most just half a dozen. A few days ago I watched a recorded - televised Tosca from The Met with Diana Damrau and Juan Diego Florez. That left me speechless. One I will watch again. You are a very kind and helpful person, thanks a million.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just give me a day or so and I'll PM you when it's ready.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just give me a day or so and I'll PM you when it's ready.
    That's more than alright. Thanks again for helping me out.
    Quote Quote