VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this would be a suggestion for a digital camera forum as i don't think it would fall into any other catagory. almost everyone owns one , so i doubt there would be a lack of interest.

so what do you think
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think that is probably handled with the dv camera or computer sections......

Though it might not hurt either....

interesting suggstion tenders
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But a DV cam is not really a still photo camera. And a digital camera is not really a computer.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so are you a yay or a nay
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a strong "No" - there are plenty of other sites that ably cover this, and it's not video related in my opinion.

DV cams: www.camcorderinfo.com

Still pics: I can't recall specific URL, but they're out there.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well, ladies ( :P ) I wouldn't go with "digital cameras" section, but since basically all digital cameras are able to take some sort of videos, thus i wouldn't shun tender's suggestion like that.
    After all digital VIDEO is always a digital video, doesn't matter by what device it was made - crappiest .mov snapshooter for $20 or $20K professional handycam, right?
    Not everyone has a need for a perfect quality HDTV footage, many people are happy with those crappy videos shot on their dummy(digital)cameras.
    And lets not forget that all these digital camera forums cover usually only their stills part of functionality.
    SO I say YES, the video part of digital cameras should have been covered here.
    Where else people should look for help in transferring say 12fps .mov 320x240 crapshoots to their DVDs if not on videohelp.com ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ DereX888: You're dead right - This site is the perfect place, and should (and does) help people with their video files shot on digital stills cameras.

But that doesn't mean the site should be extended to a forum for the cameras themselves, as originally suggested. Following that logic, we'd need a forum for all other equipment that shoots video (VHS, Betamax, SVHS, DV and HDV cams), as well as a forum for all TV's in terms of equipment (normal, HDTV, plasma, LCD etc.) - whereas, at present, the site deals with what's been shot, not what it's been shot on or viewed on.

Where would it end? A line has to be drawn somewhere - and I think it's spot on the way it is currently. JMHO
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @daamon
    Youre right.
    The general or newbie's section are fine for such questions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ahh Tenders, but don't we have an ongoing thread about digital cameras in the 'off topic' section ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. No. Not really.
    Quote Quote