VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a corrupted video file I recorded and when I try to convert it using FFmpeg (copy settings), I get the error message: "Moov atom not found". I tried Video Repair Tool, and it worked to some extent, but the results are not satisfying at all. I tried AtomicParsley, but whatever option I trigger, it opens MPC-HC and does nothing (MPC-HC says it cannot open a video file). I've heard of Untrunc, but unfortunately I am not familiar with compiling the source codes. Can somebody do that for me, please? And can you tell me how can I fix it? Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Ranching

You might give a chance to MP4repair.org. Diagnosis is free and it runs on your browser so nothing gets installed in your computer. Best of luck!

--Fire
    Quote Quote  
  3. Specifying the equipment on which the file was created might provide some useful information. Software, hardware, source?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I recorded the RTMP stream using VLC Media Player, and after a few hours (I left it overnight) the picture froze, so I clicked on a button to stop recording and then closed VLC. I guess the file wasn't formed like it should. Later on I realized I have to wait a minute or two after clicking on the Record button (especially if it is a long video) if I want a working file.

I tried MP4Repair before, and it hadn't helped. This is what the other guy from Doom9 told me:

Originally Posted by Brazil2 View Post
    http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=93865&view=findpost&p=788635

Code:
    $ dd ibs=1 skip=44 if='your broken file.m4a' of=raw.aac
    $ faad -a adts.aac raw.aac
    But this is on Linux.
    The idea is to strip out the first 44 bytes of the header, for instance with a hex editor on Windows, and then to rebuild an ADTS stream from the stripped file using FAAD.
    Though I have no idea how to do that.
    Quote Quote