VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For many years I've used Studio 10 on a XP machine with Svideo and RAC ports without any trouble. Recently had to convert to new W10 64bit machine. No Svideo or RAC ports available so bought a Eminent 3705 video USB grabber. Problem: for some reason Studio 19 doesn't recognise this video grabber. Anybody out there with ideas to solve this? Both Corel/Pinnacle and Eminent let me down. All suggestions are very welcome!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it work with the emininent video grabber software or any other third party capture software?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by John Dutch View Post
    For many years I've used Studio 10 on a XP machine with Svideo and RAC ports without any trouble. Recently had to convert to new W10 64bit machine. No Svideo or RAC ports available so bought a Eminent 3705 video USB grabber. Problem: for some reason Studio 19 doesn't recognise this video grabber. Anybody out there with ideas to solve this? Both Corel/Pinnacle and Eminent let me down. All suggestions are very welcome!!
    The fact that no software recognizes the device indicates that there may be a problem with the drivers. Did you check Device Manager to make sure that the Eminent 3705's drivers installed correctly?

Press Windows+R to open Run. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click the OK button. Look for the device under "Sound video and game controllers". There should not be any triangular icons beside the name used for the device if the drivers installed correctly. If there is no capture device listed under "Sound video and game controllers" look under "Unknown device". If your device is listed there, the drivers did not install.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Does it work with the emininent video grabber software or any other third party capture software?
    The grabber came with Arcsoft software and with that it works just fine. I've got no other software to try it with.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The fact that no software recognizes the device indicates that there may be a problem with the drivers. Did you check Device Manager to make sure that the Eminent 3705's drivers installed correctly?

Press Windows+R to open Run. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click the OK button. Look for the device under "Sound video and game controllers". There should not be any triangular icons beside the name used for the device if the drivers installed correctly. If there is no capture device listed under "Sound video and game controllers" look under "Unknown device". If your device is listed there, the drivers did not install.
    Drivers seem to be installed correctly. This grabber does work OK with Arcsoft software - just Studio 19 won't regognize the grabber.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    The grabber came with Arcsoft software and with that it works just fine. I've got no other software to try it with.
    If the Arcsoft software works fine then the Eminent 3705's drivers installed correctly. Your device encodes using software so is likely to work with other capture software too. You might try MPC-HC. Click View->Options and then select "Capture" under "Playback" in the left hand pane. Select "Analog" then look for your device under "Video" to see if the Eminent 3705 is detected. If it is, then I'm not sure why Pinnacle Studio 10 can't see it.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 6th Dec 2015 at 10:39.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried MPC-HC and both video and audio drivers are there. As far as I can see everything seems to be installed correctly. Still no clue why Studio 19 (not 10) won't see the grabber. But thanks for your help so far!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried MPC-HC and both video and audio drivers are there. As far as I can see everything seems to be installed correctly. Still no clue why Studio 19 (not 10) won't see the grabber. But thanks for your help so far!!
    Your replies weren't posted when I typed the my previous posts, but it might be worth trying to set up MPC-HC to see if you can get a picture. Its ability to capture is limited, but it isn't hard to set up. (Select the Eminent 3705 under "Capture" above, then click File->Open Capture, to select grabber connections using the "Video" and "Audio.) If you can use MPC-HC to view the input from the Eminent 3705, then there are probably options other than Studio 19 available to you.

Unless Pinnacle has crippled Studio 19 so that it only works with their Dazzle product line, I don't know why it can't see your Eminent 3705.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Having traced every entry on the internet related with Studio 19 I found out that hidden in the small print Pinnacle will only allow connection via their own Dazzle line USB grabber products!! Now I'm either forced to buy one of their Dazzle products or have wasted my money on buying Studio 19 since it won't work with any third party USB grabbers. Shame on Pinnacle for not stating that clearly when buying (or upgrading to) Studio 19! I'm now inclined to find other similar software that doesn't force me to buy 'their own' grabber. I'm also realy disapponited with their "Studio Backlot" tutorial where this same event isn't mentioned. Really, really disappointed with what Corel offers. I used to be a avid fan of their, perhaps slightly non-conformitive, software but it has all gone down the drain now. They've lost a fan!

P.S.,
    Very much thank you to all you guys trying to help me. Really much appreciated!! Sorry it didn't work out.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    P.P.S,

Any suggestions for other software which allow third party video USB grabbers are wellcome!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    P.P.S,

Any suggestions for other software which allow third party video USB grabbers are wellcome!!!!
    What formats do you want to capture to (MPEG-2, H.264, XViD, etc.) and what kind of files (AVI, M2TS, MP4, MPG. etc.)?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 6th Dec 2015 at 20:26.
    Quote Quote