VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I created a DVD from 2 VCDs, avoided the re-encoding (it's Half-D1 DVD), and I used DVD Lab Studio to author the DVD. I used "Advance Menu" option that provided me with "Play All".

I split the original MPEG1 file using TMPGEnc MPEG tool, and then I use BeLight to transcode the *.MP2 audio to *.MP2 with 48Khz sampling.

On the DVD menu there are 3 links:
    1. Play All
    2. Movie1
    3. Movie2

The "Play All" will play Movie1 and then followed by Movie2.

When I select/play Movie1, or Movie2, it works fine.
    But the problem is, if I select "Play All", the audio become out of sync (it's about 1 - 1.5 second late).

Does somebody know what this problem is? I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.
    Iryu.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there.

Have you tested the DVD on a standalone? on a software player?
    on several software players? on several SAPs?

Without having more details, I can only suppose that perhaps your SAP
    does not support very well the "Play All Titles" feature. Well, at least
    I know for sure that my old LG does not support one of the three types
    of playlist offered by DVD-lab Pro (fortunately it's not the "Play All" one).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Midzuki,

Sorry I just had a chance to try it just now (just got back from out of town).

It had the problem when I tested it on a SAP, SuperSonic brand.
    When I tested it on my other SAP (Philips brand - the cheapest one sold by Wal-Mart), it works fine.

Do you have any suggestion, how to make a "safe" playlist that's compatible with all SAP?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by iryu
    Do you have any suggestion, how to make a "safe" playlist that's compatible with all SAP?
    I may stand to be corrected, but I don't think there's a way to guarantee playability with all stand-alones short of pressing discs - and even that might not do it.

There are ways, however, to maximize your efforts: Use Verbatim or TY brand discs (Verbatim only for dual layers) and burn with IMGBurn. I usually burn at lower speeds that max recommended too. The way I figure it, what the Hell good is a nice, fast burn if you can't do anything with the disc (short of using it for a coaster or frisbee) after it's burned.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Mpg audio is NOT within the dvd specs for NTSC dvd's.

I'm not sure if that would cause such a problem as i have never had or seen this problem, but then i only use DD/AC3 or DTS for dvd's.

"Parrots"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For dadrab:
    Actually it plays well, I don't have any playability issue. It's just when I select "Play All", the audio become un-synced.

For Noahtuck:
    Great idea!! I should try to encode the audio to AC3 first before authoring the DVD. I'll post an update.

Anybody else have different ideas?
    I never have any problem with the Supersonic SAP I have. Even if I select "Play All" for commercial DVD, it works fine. It's just it has a problem with "Play All" mode of the DVD I authored.
    Quote Quote