VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a pretty new version, and since it has the DivX addition it made it spread fast. So I would say now is the time for someone to create a guide for advanced using. Because I myself have a couple questions that need to be answered a quicker and better way rahter than posting it and just myself get the replies and another person posting the same question without knowing it was answer previous. Also because it is the most professional version yet.

Thanks, Tim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IMO, the addition of AVI to DVD encoding took away the professionality (how ever slim they where) previous versions possessed.
    Now it's just another tool for making your average downloaded AVI play on your DVD player.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IDC its the newest one and im just bringing it up that it needs a good guide. And if this isnt professional , then what ones are because i use this because i got good reviews and i thought what i was using was professional to me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tucker,
    The help files are well organized and very good. You might say very professionally done.
    The Divx info is lacking but you may find enough about using Divx on Divx.com for that.

TMPEGEnc DVD Author is good (for its cost), very good. And I don't think it got worse by adding new features. Every complaint I'v seen so far about re-encoding and so on are errors by the operators.

Funny how some folks think somethings get worse by adding features? Some folks take any oportunity to bash stuff they don't like even "contributing" to posts they have no answer or help for.

Professional:
    DVD Maestro ($5000.)

Prosumer:
    Adobe Encore ($350.)
    Avid Liquid ($500.)
    DVD Architect ($500.)
    Ulead DVD Workshop ($400.)
    etc....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by geowharton
    Funny how some folks think somethings get worse by adding features?
    Take whiskey. Add beer. Will it be a better whiskey?
    Take The Godfather. Add Jim Carrey. Will it be a better movie?

What I'm saying is, that even if the DVD authoring features of TDA are the same (possibly even better) in v3 as in
    v2, it does what it do very good, but is rather limited.
    However, the average AVI to DVD converter is someone who's just downloaded an AVI from BitTorrent, and can't get it to play as is on his/her DVD player. To cater for this audience (instead of making the authoring possibilities more fleshed out) is in my eyes the opposite to professional.

I'd like to add DVD-Lab to the list of pro tools. It lets you do everything possible within the Video DVD specifications.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Agreed. On all points.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Tucker
    the most professional version yet
    yeah, well...
    i doubt that!
    this is the worst tool ever!
    i'd say its far from professional!

i simply dont remember how much error messages and bugs i ran into using this so called "Divx Authoring" feature...

like the other guys said here - DVD Lab Pro - well thats what i call professional!
    Quote Quote