VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using dvd-lab pro as my dvd authoring program and I was wondering if anyone knows the best method to add a disclaimer before a dvd that stays on screen then goes to the root menu. The disclaimer is for personal video work that I do, just some legal jargon junk, but i'm having a heck of a time figuring this out. I added an empty VMG menu but it didn't want to transition (even after adding one) to the next menu - maybe i shouldn't be adding a menu?

Any help (including switching to program X may help) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the disclaimer a still image, or a small video clip? If a Still Image, you can add a "Slideshow", otherwise, just add the movie.

Then in the connection window, use the connection tool ("+" sign under the arrow icon). Click-drag from the FIRST-PLAY to the "disclaimer" -- then connect the end of the "Disclaimer" to your menu.

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey thanks for the response. I thought of using the slideshow then dismissed it just as quickly for some reason. I guess it will be my best course of action, i'll give it a shot ;op
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no reason why a menu with a timeout shouldn't work. You can even use PUOs to stop users skipping it, if you want to. Unless oyu have multiple VTS's there is probably no need to put it at the VMG level. Just put it in the main VTS and drag First Play to it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. guns1inger: I am not quite sure I understand what you mean, can you go over the process a bit more indepthly? I also couldn't for the life of me find the PBC (playback control) which they CLAIM is on the menu tab. pffft.

Also, maybe I am doing something wrong but whenever I add an already compiled dvd via adding assets it always asks me to join the vobs to one giant one before I can add it to the movie - is this common or is there a way around this? It just takes a stupid amount of time IMO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DLP works best with elementary streams. It doesn't like VOBs all that much. You should demux your VOBs to elementary streams first.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. how do i adjust the timeout of a menu item?
    Quote Quote  
  8. nm, I found it ;op
    Quote Quote  
  9. guns1inger - how do i go about demuxing the streams? Would it be faster to do so then to import the vobs? I will usually use convertX2DVD to convert my AVI's or MPGs which automatically output vobs, is it worth demuxing from that point?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use PGCDemux to produce elementary streams, then load these into DLP as your assets.

When I use ConvertXtoDVD it is usually for source that doesn't warrant the same amount of care as other material, so menus usually aren't an issue.

If I am creating menus in DLP it is for source material that has been encoded carefully, often filtered beforehand, and I have separate video and audio streams because they have been encoded using separate processes.

The few occasions I do need to demux are for digital program streams which are compliant .mpg files, and I use Rejig to separate them out for authoring.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. If you already have a DVD to which you wish to add the text first play, make that disclaimer into a DVD. Mux with Muxman, using a BMP and some audio, for example. Then open the main DVD in PGCEdit, go Title->Import First-Play (startup) Clip and follow the easy instructions from there.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi - could the person that posted this topic tell me what his disclaimer said? My boyfriend does dvd authoring and was trying to put together a disclaimer and wasn't sure what it should entail. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote