VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone any ideas

sync is changed but when you record the sync is set at original and and not the right sync ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you recording something? Check mediainfo of the file. If there is minimum FPS and classic FPS right under it, so you have problem while recording. Maybe your HDD or CPU high usage during recording. I hope I understand your question right.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ill try and make my issue more understandable

i was recording a live m3u8 file

the audio sync on the video was seconds off

so i go into audio settings and adjust the audio sync so that it alligns better to the video

i then record the same file using potplayer recording function not the native stream option but with set Mp4 H264 aac 25fps 4000kb . it may be upscalling the videos original feed as its not that high quality

so should i use native fps ?

anyway when i check the recorded video the audio is back seconds out of sync ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you have an m3u8 link, why don't you just download the file? Use ffmpeg. There are many threads here about using ffmpeg to download via an m3u8 link.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes but the sync would be still seconds off and need editing when all im recording was under a minute of a live feed
    Quote Quote  
  6. Then just remux with a audio delay/advance.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thats the isue when i change the sync and add a delay it does not translate into the recording while it does in playback of the live video in potplayer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    use mkvtoolnix. Check audio track and in delay set 1000 or -1000 and start muxing. Mkv file that is created should be o.k.
    Of course if you have offline file with shifted audio, on start same as at end. In this case 1s.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  9. Check your PotPlayer settings to make sure it is using a reader/splitter/decoder/renderer that obeys the audio delay setting.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what renderers would or would not - How do i check that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or try capture to higher bitrate MP3, I noticed to capture or separately do audio to aac when muxed together there is 0,5 sec difference...
    If you have in audio (when click on screen RMB) all in recommended there shouldn't be a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    aac is the default for twitter . fb and youtube thats why i use it . ill try different audio renderers in delay n see
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i cant get it to work - if anyone has any ideas re settings
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry my english is very poor.
    1. Are you person who recording using potplayer?
    if yes, try set audio to MP3 or DSC (direct stream copy), on the bottom of the list. And recommended container in Potplayer for recording is MKV btw. There is not problem transcode mp3 to aac lately or remuxing mkv to mp4 as well it is matter of seconds.
    if not.
    You are transmitting video? Because you are talking it is default for youtube and facebook and twitter.
    They will accept mp3 as well for sure in worst case.
    Once again sorry for my misunderstanding.

EDIT there is also DSC for video capture. So you can get untouched video/audio.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 13th Nov 2017 at 18:13. Reason: EDIT dsc for video
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes i record with Potplayer

i Have youtube with Just under 6million views and 6500 subs and use video on twitter n facebook also

the only audio on twitter video is aac

i used Dsc and mp3 i adjusted the sync by 4 seconds but it still did not work on recording

if i had a delay of 4 seconds the video would be silent for 4 seconds and then record as per the stream

so is still not taking the sync change

maybe this is a fault in Potplayer ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Check the delay with MediaInfo. Try playing the resulting video in another player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just noticed, video DSC is working only if you have set DXVA decoder off. So when on the bottom is S/W icon next to current time/duration. (not working when H/W)
    Did you try DSC in audio?
    EDIT or try post part of video if possible.
    Bernix

[Attachment 43729 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Bernix; 13th Nov 2017 at 18:52.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Check the delay with MediaInfo. Try playing the resulting video in another player.
    i played the recordings in vlc and still the delay
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Just noticed, video DSC is working only if you have set DXVA decoder off. So when on the bottom is S/W icon next to current time/duration. (not working when H/W)
    Did you try DSC in audio?
    EDIT or try post part of video if possible.
    Bernix

[Attachment 43729 - Click to enlarge]
    yes i tryed Dsc in audio
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can try it out play any file adjust the sync a few seconds and then record it . the sync will not have changed in the recording
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try MKV, just tried mp4 dsc audio dsc video and video not at all!
    B.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try MKV, just tried mp4 dsc audio dsc video and video not at all!
    B.
    tryed Mkv with Mp3 + dsc

cant get the sync to be included in the recording
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    O.K. then last chance is to try record in VLC. If same problem then stream is problem. Maybe it is in variable frame rate. OBS used to have this option for transmitting, but i think because people complaining they give it away.

Or you can try to record some of your local file to test it.

B.
    Last edited by Bernix; 13th Nov 2017 at 19:26. Reason: Edit try to record local file
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    O.K. then last chance is to try record in VLC. If same problem then stream is problem. Maybe it is in variable frame rate. OBS used to have this option for transmitting, but i think because people complaining they give it away.

Or you can try to record some of your local file to test it.

B.
    tryed it on local video files

Vlc only record in Dsc mode so sync change does not effect the recorded video there either . have tried there
    Quote Quote  
  25. I remux files with audio delays all the time with MkvToolNix and it always works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    as there is step by step tutorial how to transcode audio stream to mp3 with VLC, i don't see reason that it can be used for video stream in same way. But of course in VLC is confusing thing like Stream <- which not necessary refers to stream on internet, but also refer to stream on your local file. But be careful trying this of course.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 14th Nov 2017 at 08:06. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote