VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way I can burn movies I have downloaded from the net to cd and play them back through my PlayStation 2? Do I need to get my PS2 Mod chipped? Or is there no way I can do this??? What about X-Box, can it be done for X-Box???
    Quote Quote  
  2. For movies in DVD format, no modchips is require to play it on PS2. Problem is I still haven't found a media that work well with PS2 for movies. DVD-R media i used work fine for PS2 games but not for DVD movies.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can burn PS2 games? How do you do that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe you should try Samsung's BeAll media. It says it is compatible with PS2. You can get it from http://www.meritline.com . I haven't tried it yet, but I might get some soon.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've used "LEDA" aka "Princo" DVD-R media (real cheap stuff), and had no problems with my PS2.

I also tried DVD-R/W but it couldn't read that.

There are several different flavors of PS2, i have a "version 4".

Check "the Ghost's" user comments in the "DVD Players" section for a rundown of the different versions.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I also use Prince ones with white top. movie kept freezing and jumping on PS2, i have version 5 ps2
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't think all of The Ghost's information is correct. I have version 2 according to him, but it won't play the DVD-RW that I made.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Your solution,

Burn with Prassi Primo DVD 2.0

Use Verbatim Datalife Plus as your media.

Your DVD-R films will now play and also copy games on your playstation 2 if (chipped) perfectly. 8)
    Quote Quote