VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've studied the thread:
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/lg-bp250/12580

But there are contradictory posts as to whether this will work for the LG BP 250. Is there any risk in trying it? IOW, can these hacks (playing a specially burned CD) damage the player?

Terry
    Quote Quote  
  2. No one with any suggestions please? Or have I posted in an inappropriate forum?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what country is your player from ??
    it'll be just for the DVD side of the player, the blu-ray side will still be locked.
    there shouldn't be any risks, not that I've seen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm in UK and it was bought in UK.

So, if I can get that hack to work (I will try it soon) it will still be unable to play some of my son's Blu-ray discs bought in USA?

Is there no hack for blu-ray players?

BTW, is that the correct term, or are these called 'BD players'?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    'BD Player' is just an acronym for Blu-Ray Disk Player.

Can not answer your Q. re availability of hacks for the Blu Ray side of players but there are available specially adapted players that are not supported by the original manufacturer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=region+free+blu+ray+player&crid=QUJZG40TUWV1&sprefix=regi...b_sb_ss_i_1_15
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
    I'm in UK and it was bought in UK.

So, if I can get that hack to work (I will try it soon) it will still be unable to play some of my son's Blu-ray discs bought in USA?

Is there no hack for blu-ray players?

BTW, is that the correct term, or are these called 'BD players'?

the hack is only for the DVD side of the blu-ray player, it will have no effect on
    blu-ray discs just DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The industry has a very tight grip on region free hacks for playing Blu-ray discs. There are only a few players with hacks for that. And most of those hacks can't be done from the standard remote control. It's something you should have looked into before buytin a Blu-ray player.
    Quote Quote