VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. In the waveform monitor (find it the same place as the vectorscope in premiere and vegas) , it looks like a graph between 0-100IRE . You want to use the "levels" filter to adjust values so they are between 0-100 . Greater than 100 means Y' values are "too bright" . Less than 0 means Y' values are "too dark" .

There are step by step free tutorials on youtube and various sites for vegas, premiere, just about all NLE's . There are dozens of articles with screenshots explaining how to use a waveform monitor. All this is explained again in the manuals as well . Don't be so lazy
    Quote Quote  
  2. some of that stuff on the net is explained too complicated though.. like that thing the other day that guy posted about

http://www.tvtechnology.com/inside-audio/0176/lkfs-amp-the-calm-act/208806

its like all chinese the way you gotta be a scientist first to understand what they're saying. Thats what you guys are suppsed to do is help out with that.

The "help" guys around here really come off as a bunch of stuck-up jerks who think they know it all and are pricks to the people who go here for help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok so that waveform monitor, chroma means color and the green squiggly thing means black and white levels somehow. There's nothing from the left to the right on the bottom of the graph. Whats that mean? Is it like an EQ with sound where the left side is bass and the right side treble? And then the guy says less than 0 but even if you make it all black it never goes below the 0 line.
    Quote Quote  
  4. woulda been handy to know some of this stuff when i was trying to get my levels below 120 IRE but everyone around here is a complete A**hole.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by coolhotfun View Post
    woulda been handy to know some of this stuff when i was trying to get my levels below 120 IRE but everyone around here is a complete A**hole.
    Dude, RTFM ! It's all explained there with pretty pictures . The units are plastered over all the scopes

It's almost as if you have this sense of entitlement for help . People here are helping you out for FREE . They are volunteers .

Did you stop and think that other people might have schedules and other things to do, maybe newspapers to deliver themselves ?

Maybe if you paid them, you would get instant replies and better help . Maybe someone will cut you a deal and charge you 1/2 price

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  6. i can picture these types of guys and why they're frustrated a**holes.. You know the geeks in school were losers and thats who's the "help" around here. So you guys flunk in real life. I'm out f* you all.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coolhotfun View Post
    i can picture these types of guys and why they're frustrated a**holes.. You know the geeks in school were losers and thats who's the "help" around here. So you guys flunk in real life. I'm out f* you all.
    If that were true, what does it say about you? These "losers" seem to have things together a lot more than you. (Really? The contributors here are flunking out in real life? Have you looked in the mirror?) Either stop being your own worst enemy or resign yourself to a life delivering newspapers.

Such gratitude for all the time and effort others spent with you. With some people, no good deed goes unpunished.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coolhotfun View Post
    its like all chinese the way you gotta be a scientist first to understand what they're saying. Thats what you guys are suppsed to do is help out with that.
    See, that's the thing about doing video for broadcast. It's not just putting something together that looks cool and throwing it up on YouTube. There *is* science involved. And if your question is about what a waveform monitor is, or what the station means when they mean black, well, those are things that are not really forum-friendly topics. How do I read a waveform monitor -- go read an article about it. Too complicated? Well, broadcast television may not be for you right now. That's just how it is.

Really, if you went to a construction forum and said "the home inspector says I have to have three-inch wood nails. What's a nail and how does a hammer work?" then you shouldn't whine and cuss and say the people are not being helpful to you.

This is not a place to have people do your homework for you as per your deadline. When people can help, they will, and usually in accordance with your willingness and ability to learn.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And, FWIW, I came here a few weeks ago asking a very similar question -- a broadcaster says I need to have my product within [x] specs. I have [y] understanding of the specs. I use [software]. My understanding is that I'll need to do [process]. Am I on the right track, and do you have any further advice?

The regulars around here were direct and blunt, and that's the kind of help I wanted and will continue coming back for.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    See what I mean? It's like he's tweeting while on crack....
    Ummm... that's "Kri-zack" in da hood. "Keeps their heads ringin' ding ding dong, ring-a ding ding ding dong".
    Quote Quote