VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a laptop with s-video out that I connect to my tv. I'm using MPC to play divx files. It works great when the video is playing. But when it is time to select another video the fonts are too small to find another video. So I have to switch back to the laptop screen. The laptop has MCE but that doesn't play divx. So I'm looking for an MCE type front end that will play divx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VLC media player is probably the best one for just about all video files (for DVD or MPEG-2 I would still suggest PowerDVD or WinDVD instead).

I don't know if using VLC media player will solve your font issue. However there are ways within the Windows OS to change the font size.

I'm not sure of the best way of changing the font size but if you go to the control panel there is an icon there called, "Accessibility Options" and there you can increase the font size. There are a bunch of different font and color options made for those that have poor sight.

You can also try going into the "Display Properties" by doing a RIGHT CLICK with the mouse on an empty portion of the desktop. There you can adjust FONT SIZE under the APPEARANCE TAB ... also under the SETTINGS TAB in the ADVANCED area you can change the DPI size to a larger size.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can try one of the PVR front ends like SageTV or BeyondTV.
    Quote Quote