VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello what kind of AAC encoder does YT use?

When I upload some 720p 256AAC 2.0 files (from an uncompressed source) it gets converted to about 128 aac BUT it doesn't sound like it the quality sounds like 96kbit! Even worse if you go with a lower audio quality source (like 192 AAC or MP3) it would sounds worse than ever. There's something wrong in fact if you try to re-encode the audio (in the video) you'll send to youtube at 128 AAC the sound will be definitely better. Did you notice that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I encode the sound in aac with mediacoder and it's ok (faac, low complexity , 192 avg. bitrate)
    it gets reencoded by youtube afterward (128k or close) though but it's like that
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's what I do (I use Nero AAC) but the quality sucks on YT!

Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeiLIZ3tyA&fmt=22

The audio artifacts are too much and they shouldn't be like this for AAC close to 128kbit
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried with FAAC 256kbit. Same crappy result
    Quote Quote