VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. ah ok, so to get %timecode% in place of

Code:
    for /f "tokens=1,2 delims=^=" %%g in ('v:\automazioneclip\virtualdubmod\FFProbe -hide_banner -loglevel fatal -pretty -show_streams -show_entries stream^=codec_type^,width^,height^,sample_aspect_ratio:stream_disposition^=:format_tags^=timecode^,company_name^,product_name^,product_version "%d%\%%~na.mxf" 2^>^&1') DO (

if "%%~g"=="TAG:timecode" set "TIMECODE=%%~h"

)
    is no alternatives? how that script how have to change (also with :calls) to achieve %timecode% value

It's stange that at the first pass, (when the script process C0069.mxf) %timecode% is not defined, but when processing C0077.mxf %timecode% become the timecode of C0069.mxf ^_^

it's only to understand, how I teorically modify it?

to don't use for /f ... etc.. can I use ffmpeg to generate a .txt file with the timecode only I recall it to "stamp" in the .vcf?

thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, as long as the echo command is inside the FFMPEG for loop and you use %%~g and not a named variable.

I think the for loop may update the command after each iteration to exchange the %%? variable and the other variables get updated as well, I'm not sure, and I'm not sure it's supposed to.

CALL: Is this another one of those 'I don't want to use AVISynth' things?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post

CALL: Is this another one of those 'I don't want to use AVISynth' things?
    ? I can not understand well, sometimes I use avisynth but for example it cannnot manage timecode hoewver is a good program

So can ffmpeg generate itself a timecode in a %timecode% variable, or using ffmpeg is necessary to generate a .txt file that contains timecode?

I try to understand if, also for other type of script is there possibility to extract timecode in few lines of code without recourse of :call because I'm not very capable use of :call procedure
    Quote Quote  
  4. mm tryed your script, semms works also with timecode Name:  smiling-cat.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  3.2 KB

maybe the dest. file is written on c:\ but I think it is easily correctable, then tonight when I back I test it more better. thanks

(one day I will fix that rudimentary written by my cat)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    mm tryed your script, semms works also with timecode Image
    [Attachment 25220 - Click to enlarge]

maybe the dest. file is written on c:\ but I think it is easily correctable, then tonight when I back I test it more better. thanks

(one day I will fix that rudimentary written by my cat)
    OK then, I missed two

if NOT EXIST "%DEST%\%~n4.avi" goto :Skip-To-Cleanup

should say

if NOT EXIST "%DESTFOLDER%\%~n4.avi" goto :Skip-To-Cleanup

I also missed two mentions of %DEST% in the :MakeOldFile block, but since you're already checking whether it's there before you start you should never reach it anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. if NOT "%TimeCode:~2,1%"=="" echo %TimeCode:~0,-1%^%TimeCode:~-1,1%>"%~dpn1.txt"
    rem if NOT "%TimeCode%"=="" echo %TimeCode% 1>"%~dpn1.txt"

oh thanks but is no necessary modify your big script, in the other post I ask if exist the possibly to have timecode in a .txt but not for this script. Is only for my curiosity.

Hoewver in this days I'm trying your script and seems working
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi ndjamena

your script seems does work very well, thanks

Now I try open .mxf clip via FFvideoSource (replacing the "DirectShowSource" lines with FFVideoSource) in Avisynth but when connect directly the camera to pc, avisynth cannot save to f:\clip (my camera-xdcam drive) the .ffindex files. So VDM cannot write .avi file because avisynth don't open .mxf, so the script just return the extra small size warning.

Do you know if, in avisynth, is there a way to save .ffindex files in another path than the original path?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, and DGIndex doesn't seem to like the sample you gave me so DirectShowSource is your only option. Just make sure you read the file from beginning to end and it should be fine.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!