VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!If you have a dvd that standalone dvd players can't play,but computers can,is it possible to convert this dvd to some other format that standalone dvd players can play(like VCD) ?

I have some dvds that I could play on computers,but now I can't(long story-read here if you want https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=304834
    So if the problem is the format,could a conversion save the content of my dvds?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you could play it on the very same player before but not now, but still can play it on your computer, I'd suggest a simple DVD backup would be the best. But of course a DVD to VCD or SVCD would also work. Try DVDx for the latter.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well,there are 2 problems

1)I could play some dvds on computers,but suddenly I can't(I have no idea why)
    2)I have some dvds that I could and still can play on computers but I do not want them to end up in the first category,so maybe if I could try a different format...

The dvds in the first category are an original dvd and a backup,but suddenly both of them stopped playing on computers(that is-I cannot watch them in any way)

Help desperately needed
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does your commercial dvd have the good region/format ??

If it's a region 1, does your tv support NTSC ?

The same for your PC, maybe your drive is locked to one region
    Quote Quote