VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'd like to convert a video I just purchased to avi to burn to dvd. I've tried a few different programs but they all suck, and all have the same setup. Every time it takes forever to open itunes then when it does the video plays real slow and it ends with an error an no conversion. Are there any programs that will convert the itunes m4v without having to open itunes and play the video first? Please help. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anything purchased through the iTunes store is DRM-encoded, so it'll be rather difficult to convert; most converters won't be able to handle it.

There are some less-than-legal means, but mostly just for audio files (which you can just burn to an audio CD, anyway, and re-rip). Your best bet, if you can't find the video on DVD/Blu-Ray/etc., is to do a video capture of the video as it's playing.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Whats the best way to get a high quality video capture? With same size/quality/etc.? Because all these programs that say they can remove drm are not working for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, I don't have much experience in screen/video capturing, so I doubt I'll be of much help. You might post more details about your system and OS, so someone else may be able to suggest a good capturing program setup for you.

You're sure the video isn't available on DVD or Blu-Ray? Ripping from either of those would be (relatively) better than capturing a playing video.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote