VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two Mpeg2 files, both extracted from a DVD (that I don't have anymore). Both files have identical video streams, but each file have different audio streams.
    If I want to build a new Mpeg2 file, which contains both of these two audio streams, what is the easiest way to do this? I cannot re-extract anything from the DVD, I only have the aforementioned files to work with. Please if you can include simple, step by step instructions, I would appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Load the first mpg, click main, click multiplex, click add stream, select the 2nd mpg, unselect the non desired steams, click multiplex. Done.
    Last edited by ProWo; 25th Jan 2022 at 15:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can use mkvmerge (mkvtoolnix) you will be able to add the 2 video files and select which tracks you want at the end, select the 2 (video + audio) of the first file and only the audio track of the second.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Load the first mpg, click main, click multiplex, click add stream, select the 2nd mpg, unselect the non desired steams, click multiplex. Done.
    Originally Posted by BKloud View Post
    You can use mkvmerge (mkvtoolnix) you will be able to add the 2 video files and select which tracks you want at the end, select the 2 (video + audio) of the first file and only the audio track of the second.
    Thank you both for your replies. But when I follow your suggestions, the DVD-compliant MPG ends up as a MKV file instead. I need the result to be a MPG file (with multiple audio streams) that can be authored to a DVD.
    Any easy way to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guy24s View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Thank you both for your replies. But when I follow your suggestions, the DVD-compliant MPG ends up as a MKV file instead. I need the result to be a MPG file (with multiple audio streams) that can be authored to a DVD.
    Any easy way to do that?
    With clever FFmpeg-GUI you have only to set the correct output container (mpg).

[Attachment 63112 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by guy24s View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Any easy way to do that?
    With clever FFmpeg-GUI you have only to set the correct output container (mpg).

[Attachment 63112 - Click to enlarge]
    Excellent! Thanks so much for your help.
    Quote Quote