VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,
    After a long research on the ATI AIW capture cards that have a fair amount of positive feedback, I decided to START a "new" capture system to use with the ATI AIW 9600XT specifically. ATI AIW capture cards are known to work best on WinXP system. My current version is service pack 3 winXP. However, I'm unable to get the system detect my ATI card as a new device or properly install the required softwares and drivers.
    Here are the softwares and drivers needed for the ATI 9xxx series:

ATI All-In-Wonder installation CD 180-V01084-100: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/392-ati-wonder-hacks.html#post14940
    More installers: Catalysts + ATI MMC 902: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/392-ati-wonder-hacks.html

If anyone has ever used/built a capture system to use with ATI AIW cards and encountered similar issues, and then found solutions to them, please share your opinion and advice with me. I'd highly appreciate any help or responses.
    Thank you.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ATI AIW SPECS REQUIREMENTS.png
Views:	170
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	53366  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what have you checked so far?
    Have you looked in the device manager to see if there is an errorcode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rgia View Post
    Hi everyone,
    After a long research on the ATI AIW capture cards that have a fair amount of positive feedback, I decided to START a "new" capture system to use with the ATI AIW 9600XT specifically. ATI AIW capture cards are known to work best on WinXP system. My current version is service pack 3 winXP. However, I'm unable to get the system detect my ATI card as a new device or properly install the required softwares and drivers.
    Here are the softwares and drivers needed for the ATI 9xxx series:

ATI All-In-Wonder installation CD 180-V01084-100: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/392-ati-wonder-hacks.html#post14940
    More installers: Catalysts + ATI MMC 902: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/392-ati-wonder-hacks.html

If anyone has ever used/built a capture system to use with ATI AIW cards and encountered similar issues, and then found solutions to them, please share your opinion and advice with me. I'd highly appreciate any help or responses.
    Thank you.
    go into the device manager - select the graphics card - click driver - update driver
    and see if it'll install the driver (make sure computer has internet)

if that fails, restart your computer in safemode and try installing the driver - https://forum.hardwareheaven.com/threads/ati-aiw-9600-wdm-driver-wont-install-register.49854/
    Last edited by october262; 20th May 2020 at 00:14.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The issue is When I plug in the ATI AIW card into the AGP slot and restart the system, the desktop then ain't able to detect any signals (black screen) until I detach the card from the motherboard. I downloaded the VIA to AGP drivers as recommended by another person who had similar issues. However, nothing works so far. I do not know what is wrong with my system actually. The winXP service pack 3 I'm running with is fine, wifi works, audio is great..etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The issue is When I plug in the ATI AIW card into the AGP slot and restart the system, the desktop then ain't able to detect any signals (black screen) until I detach the card from the motherboard. I downloaded the VIA to AGP drivers as recommended by another person who had similar issues. However, nothing works so far. I do not know what is wrong with my system actually. The winXP service pack 3 I'm running with is fine, wifi works, audio is great..etc.
    have you tried resetting your bios or try upgrading it ??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not because I don't know what specifications I'd need to reset my bios to? Could you feed me some good tips as how I should do it? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not because I don't know what specifications I'd need to reset my bios to? Could you feed me some good tips as how I should do it? Thank you.
    just go into your bios settings, click default settings, save & exit.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did you remove the old video card?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Did you remove the old video card?
    I'm a bit confused with what you said. I see there is no other video cards inside this CPU.Image
    [Attachment 53369 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 53370 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a bit confused with what you said. I see there is no other video cards inside this CPU
    Well your monitor must have plugged into somewhere, presumably a graphics chip on the motherboard

Did you plug your monitor into the new card?

If you're not sure what is what why don't you provide pictures showing the connections at the back of the PC?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 53372 - Click to enlarge]
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I'm a bit confused with what you said. I see there is no other video cards inside this CPU
    Well your monitor must have plugged into somewhere, presumably a graphics chip on the motherboard

Did you plug your monitor into the new card?

If you're not sure what is what why don't you provide pictures showing the connections at the back of the PC?
    The monitor works perfectly fine without the 9600XT card plugged in.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rgia;2583814

If you're not sure what is what why don't you provide pictures showing the connections at the back of the PC?[/QUOTE

You have to install the card then plug the monitor into the new card. Have you tried this?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by rgia View Post
    This tells me that the ATI is not set as your primary video card; if your system is currently using onboard graphics, go into the bios and disable the onboard graphics and make sure to choose ago card as the active one. Obviously also make sure that the monitor is plugged into ATI card.

If you are using a different discrete card, like a PCI one, do the same as above, changing the PCI card to AGP in the bios, then swap cards and restart.

Some of this may be incomplete, it's been years since I played around with a system that still used AGP.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by rgia;2583814

If you're not sure what is what why don't you provide pictures showing the connections at the back of the PC?[/QUOTE

You have to install the card then plug the monitor into the new card. Have you tried this?
    I was blind not to see the breakout cables came with the card for that reason. The good news is I have gotten everything straightened and worked nicely. There are only a few issues left that I have not figured out how to fix them.

1. The captured audio turns out horrible. However, during real-time capturing, the audio is perfectly awesome. I don't know if this is the issue with the audio codecs or with the audio card? Would you have any advice for me?
    2. I also successfully installed and run the Avisynth+ with the necessary plugins. I got the scripts saved. I am having troubles incorporating the AVS files into FFMPEG. Could anybody here show me a way to make it work? I'd appreciate that!!1
    Quote Quote