VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How to convert AC3 to DTS in a movie's DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would you want to ? DTS compresses less than AC3, hence the better dynamic range and calrity of sound. If the audio is already AC3, then this advantage is lost as the benefits have already been compressed out of it. AC3 is also universally playable, DTS requires a seperate decoder as very fewplayers have one built in, and none (to my knowledge) can down convert to stereo PCM in the way that AC3 can be.

Having said all that, you need to convert the AC3 to seperate mono wav files, then load these into a DTS encoder to encode the new audio track. You then need to add this to your movie in an authoring app.

I would suggest you search the tools section for AC3 and DTS software and look at the comments to see which works best for what you are trying to do.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. well burned DTS Audio on a CD-R plays 5.1 through your DVD player and your DD, DTS 5.1 0r 6.1 channel amp, DTS CD's blow away any your regular 2 channel stero CD's, give Pink Floyd's Dark of the moon, DTS - from the original rare quad europe tracks a spin verses the crappy 2 channel stereo CD thats out there, plus DTS is extremely easy to backup your DTS DVD's or AC3 music concerts to a CD-R for easy playback later, when listening is only required verses slow loadup of a DVD Concert.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ lhockann

use the search function of this board - the answer to you question was given here once a week
    Try "decoding AC3" you will find enough, real enough about this theme

@ moderators
    maybe it´s time for a sticky, aren´t you tired to read the same questions over and over again

bye daphy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello lhockann .

Well I think Guns1inger covered you question. So the hardest part is now finding a decent and reasonably priced DTD encoder.

@ thxkid.
    I am not 100% sure what your comments were aimed at, but I am going to assume that you were defending the quality aspect of DTS over AC3, Which I totally agree with. But in this case there would be no quality gain over the existing AC3. And worse than that with the limited space on a CD-R, you would be able to get less play time out of the DTS CD-R. And sense most DVD players also play AC3 CD-R’s through your Dolby digital receiver; it would be a waste of disk space to go to DTS.
    Don’t get me wrong though I two prefer DTS over AC3 from a quality stand point. But not in this case however.

Deek
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Surcode DD and DTS will do this very easy, just use surcode Dolby digital to convert your AC3 to WAV, then use surcode DTS to convert your WAV to DTS.

This will take for a 120 minutes movie from 15 to 20 minutes
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't dig up 7 years old threads...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People keep searching for a solution for their problem, time does not matter.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rzainaddin View Post
    People keep searching for a solution for their problem, time does not matter.
    You were told nicely NOT to dig up old threads. If you don't like it, leave.
    Quote Quote