VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I have been having an issue in creating a menu using multiAVCHD. I use it to author BD and DVD discs. I have used the included templates up till now, but I have looked at a few guides online and now want to make a custom menu. And that's where I am running into issues.

I created it in the program, and using the menu previews, it looks exactly like I want it to. But when I author and then burn the disc, it changes into a moving collage of the chapter thumbnails or something similar. Not the image I loaded into it, and that previewed exactly like I wanted it to.

I do realize that multiAVCHD is an old program, and hasn't been (and won't be) updated, but it does what I need it to in authoring BD's. And it has the ability to do what I want it to, I am just not configuring it properly.

I plan on making a youtube video showing what I want, that my settings are on all of the various tabs, so that you all can see what I am doing wrong, but that won't happen till later in the week. That will be the easiest way to give you the information of what I want to see, what my setting are, as well as what I get as a result.

I'm making a lot of coasters as I try changing things to make it work, and in the mean time, I was wondering if (in lieu of buying some DVDRW's) ......

Is there a way for me to make the menu, author it, then using imageburn make an iso file, mount it in windows 10, and test the menu that way? I've never done it, but was curious as to whether the menu would be a functioning part once it's mounted.

I saw mentioned elsewhere a program that lets you test an authoring, I can't remember the name of it, but I'm really trying to keep my main workstation as uncluttered with programs as I can, just what I absolutely need, to help with rendering times. So I'm trying to think of ways to get this sorted out without adding other programs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    RW/RE discs. Or compile to ISO & mount.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    RW/RE discs. Or compile to ISO & mount.

Scott
    I went the ISO file route and mounted it. It worked.

The menu didn't, but now I can at least troubleshoot without burning up discs.

Thank you.

If I can't get this figured out, in the next few days I'll upload the particulars and maybe someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quick follow up.....I authored a DVD, used imgburn to make an iso, and I still have an issue with the menu after viewing the mounted file in VLC player. Now I have looked online and seen conflicting reports on whether multiAVCHD doesn't fully support menus on DVD. So I did the same process on an HD source. I authored for BD, made an iso, mounted it, but VLC won't play it. Does VLC support HD iso's? Everytime I google (using terms like "hd", "iso", "mount", and "VLCplayer",) it pretty much ignores the HD part, and just gives results about how to mount an iso, view it in VLC, yada, yada.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vlc does not officially play HD(as in Blu Ray/AVCHD) content with menus. I have read of some 'fixes' but you would be better off using a proper software Blu-Ray player. Leawo might fit that bill for you.

Never used multiAVCHD but reading the user guide etc. it just talks of 'simple menus' or you need to be careful which target format you choose ie 'Strict' etc.

Better really to describe your current workflow else you appear to be going nowhere.
    Quote Quote