VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I'm afraid I need your help again. I ripped a PAL DVD, and afterwards put the .mkv-file through StaxRip using this code (which I put together after some digging on the internet; it's actually the first time that I deinterlaced a PAL-video):

AssumeTFF()
    AssumeFPS(25)
    QTGMC(Preset="Very Slow", TR0=2, TR1=2, TR2=2, Rep0=1, Rep1=0, Rep2=4, InputType=2, SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2, MatchEnhance=0.75, Sharpness=0.2, NoiseProcess=2, GrainRestore=0.5, NoiseRestore=0.25, DenoiseMC=True, NoiseDeint="Generate", NoiseTR=2, StabilizeNoise=true, ChromaNoise=True, Border=True, MatchPreset="Very Slow", MatchPreset2="Very Slow")
    MAA2(mask=1, chroma=true,ss=4, aa=128, aac=128, threads=8, show=0)
    Quality-wise, I'm pretty happy with the results. Unfortunately, the output file has double the length. Mind you: Only the file shows as double the length (in the explorer, the video player, and also when importing to VEAI), the video is still its original length of roughly 90 minutes. Once it's through (or if I try to jump to a later timecode), VLC simply shuts down. Any idea what happened here?

I'm fairly new to all this, so help from someone more experienced would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    cornholio1980
    Last edited by cornholio1980; 18th Mar 2023 at 04:45.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DO NOT MAKE MKV FILES

use mpeg2cut2 to get the mpeg2 files not make mkv
    Quote Quote