VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, this is my first post. I have been reading many of the topics that were published for more than a month. But I am confused, I would like to learn how to obtain transmission keys with mpd extension. I did not find a guide for newbies, but I was rescuing a lot of data in this time. What I would like to know in what order should I do things and what tools do I need. I do not pretend that they put everything in detail, I want to learn. I leave the URL and the mpd link. I saw this link on many pages. I hope you can help me, thank you very much.

URL:
    https://sfntv.xyz/ver/cronica

LINK:
    https://dtvott-abc.akamaized.net/dash_live_1055/manifest.mpd
    Quote Quote  
  2. Read Angela's wonderful guides:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/404994-Decryption-and-the-Temple-of-Doom

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405466-Downloading-and-decryption-on-your-Android-phone

If you are still confused, the summary is this: You use a Python script which behaves like an Android device. For each content, you load PSSH and headers requests link to that "device", then connect to the lic server. You need an active CDM by the way.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ridibunda View Post
    Read Angela's wonderful guides:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/404994-Decryption-and-the-Temple-of-Doom

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405466-Downloading-and-decryption-on-your-Android-phone

If you are still confused, the summary is this: You use a Python script which behaves like an Android device. For each content, you load PSSH and headers requests link to that "device", then connect to the lic server. You need an active CDM by the way.
    Thank you very much for the reply. Yesterday I started to review all the threads, from the beginning, which are like 121. To make sure that I didn't miss any information, because I saw that several times they responded that this topic was repeated many times, but I couldn't find any guide, I just solutions to a certain problem. I'm going to read those guides you shared with me until I can understand.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Press F12 before playing the content, go to Network>All, type "key" in the filter box, click the result, go to "payload", copy key and key2 values and decode them on this site https://www.base64decode.org/

[Attachment 67375 - Click to enlarge]

key is the KID, key2 is the content key

Code:
    58708981c1c25ae9b5febda16ec39c5b:8b3855c63f8567b9d3f5465dc0ad6056
    Last edited by lfer94; 27th Oct 2022 at 01:05.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Press F12 before playing the content, go to Network>All, type "key" in the filter box, click the result, go to "payload", copy key and key2 values and decode them on this site https://www.base64decode.org/

Code:

That method does not work on all sites
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by k-lamar09 View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply. Yesterday I started to review all the threads, from the beginning, which are like 121. To make sure that I didn't miss any information, because I saw that several times they responded that this topic was repeated many times, but I couldn't find any guide, I just solutions to a certain problem. I'm going to read those guides you shared with me until I can understand.
    The most difficult part is CDM extraction. If you already have a CDM, before using WKS script, install the needed Python version (and add to path), then install the WKS dependencies.

The rest is DevTools-inspection. And maybe some Base64-HEX conversions... You will find MPD, lic url and headers in Network tab.

You will find PSSH in the MPD... Or you will calculate it from KID written in the MPD... Or you will see/calculate it via EME-Logger (which is a Tampermonkey script and requires Tampermonkey add-on to be installed).

CDM is two little files identifying the Android device (device_client_id_blob & device_private_key).
    Last edited by ridibunda; 13th Nov 2022 at 02:39.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Right, I forgot to clarify that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post

Code:

Thank you very much to both of you for taking your time to explain me, I was trying what lfer94 told me. I was able to get the keys and decode with base64. I tell them the problem I had, out there someone can help.

at the time of entering the web the reproduction was automatic and when pressing f12 this came out and I could not get the keys.
    [Attachment 67381 - Click to enlarge]

I solved it by entering the iframe part like this in the following image.
    [Attachment 67382 - Click to enlarge]

Copy the link and open it in another tab. That way if he let me get the keys.
    [Attachment 67383 - Click to enlarge]

After decoding with base64 what step should I follow? How to know if this method works for this website or if I need CDM?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by k-lamar09 View Post
    The most difficult part is CDM extraction. If you already a CDM, before using WKS script, install the needed Python version (and add to path), then install the WKS dependencies.

The rest is DevTools-inspection. And maybe some Base64-HEX conversions... You will find MPD, lic url and headers in Network tab.

You will find PSSH in the MPD... Or you will calculate it from KID written in the MPD... Or you will see/calculate it via EME-Logger (which is a Tampermonkey script and requires Tampermonkey add-on to be installed).

CDM is two little files identifying the Android device (device_client_id_blob & device_private_key).
    Thank you very much, the data you are providing is very helpful. This weekend that I will have more time I will reread those guides that you shared with me. I have android 7 device to test.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    at the time of entering the web the reproduction was automatic and when pressing f12 this came out and I could not get the keys.
    Next time click on the icon indicated in the image and reload the site

[Attachment 67384 - Click to enlarge]

After decoding with base64 what step should I follow? How to know if this method works for this website or if I need CDM?
    That's all. That's the key you needed.

There are sites like the one you indicate that need to have the keys present in some way so that the drm protected content can be played. This method to "get" the keys only works with these types of sites (sfntv.xyz, futbollibre, megadeportes, etc.). For other sites you're going to need certain tools, like the ones ridibunda mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Next time click on the icon indicated in the image and reload the site

[Attachment 67384 - Click to enlarge]

That's all. That's the key you needed.

There are sites like the one you indicate that need to have the keys present in some way so that the drm protected content can be played. This method to "get" the keys only works with these types of sites (sfntv.xyz, futbollibre, megadeportes, etc.). For other sites you're going to need certain tools, like the ones ridibunda mentioned.

Sorry, I was wrong to ask. My query was. How do I have to continue to obtain the url of the server license?
    the drm would be. I don't know if it's widevine or playready.
    Quote Quote  
  12. You will find lic url in Dev Tools-Network. You must do some search there.

You will understand which encryptions are being used if you read your MPD file. It is written in MPD.

Usually both of them (Widevine L1 and Playready 3.0) are being used. If you have a hardware-based support for one of them, you can watch those contents.

For Widevine-L3 protected contents, you do not need a special device, it is done with software-based support. But those are 480p, 540p and 720p contents. And maybe some 1080p contents, but with a lower bitrate compared to L1-protected 1080p content (as seen in nflix).

You cannot get Playready keys. You cannot get L1 keys unless you have a L1 CDM.
    Quote Quote