VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Evaer to record web chat's between my friend and I, because I plan publish them to YouTube (he is aware and part of it). The files Evaer outputs play fine in MPC-HC, but whenever I use them in Vegas or Adobe Premier Pro, I get crap. They go all out of sync, and become unusable.I think they are variable FR files, so I need a way to make them 15 FPS (or 30 if I have to) so that they have a constant FR. Any ideas how to do this?

Pastbin of the mediainfo output on one of the two files

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by Baldrick; 18th Feb 2013 at 03:24. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, they have variable frame rate. I adjusted the thread title with variable frame rate so others don't think you just have corrupted files.

I guess you can't set constant framerate to like 15fps in evaer?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I set it to 15fps in evaer, but that's what it gave me.

Sorry about the title, thanks for fixing it.

Edit:

The ones set at 30fps with no compression are even worse. This is take 3.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nobody has anything?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Skype footage is problamatic because not only does it have variable frame rate, interruptions to the stream cause freezes, catch-ups and holes. The only real solution is higher bandwidth. The stuff is never dependably in synch.

In a perverse way you can use this to your advantage by being able to make trims and jump cuts an audience would never accept in proper video.

FWIW I have run the same skype footage through Vegas, Adobe Media Encoder, FFmpeg and Avid Media Composer. No two match, none come out right.
    Last edited by smrpix; 4th Mar 2013 at 13:05.
    Quote Quote