VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! I meant to say Avisynth

I'm trying to follow this guide https://www.howtogeek.com/238725/how-to-fix-the-green-tint-in-the-lord-of-the-rings-fe...ition-blu-ray/

i need to use a avs script with megui but no dice, it reacts like i haven't installed avisynth properly (which i did in any possible way, manually placing files in system32, installing the exe 32 bit and pasting 64 bit versions, putting the files in the tools folders in megui, etc)
    I still get: Error parsing media file /(PATH)/FOTR-D1.avs ---[NoImage] Script error: There is no function named 'DirectShowSource',
    DirectShowSource being a function (on the first line of the script) that comes preincluded with avisynth

I need to use that program since I'm a newbie and don't know alternatives and how to use them; I did, however, open the avs script via another script compatible program (MediaCoder x64) and it didn't give me any errors (reading the script), it did however say that i used incompatible settings when trying to encode (pretty possible because i didn't change any)

script content:

DirectShowSource("FOTR-D1.mkv", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true).AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec709")
    GiCoCu("curves.cur")
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec709")
    Tweak(startHue=140.0, endHue=200.0, sat=0.95)
    Tweak(startHue=200.0, endHue=270.0, sat=0.90)
    Tweak(startHue=270.0, endHue=340.0, hue=-10, sat=0.80)
    crop( 0, 140, 0, -140)
    gradfun3(thr=1.3)

Please, ELI5 Or if you're a saint, find me an alternative
    Last edited by TheHooligan95; 7th Sep 2017 at 07:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Was the solution not to use DirectShowSource?

Generally you'd open a video using the File/Open menu or via the File Indexer under the Tools menu. MeGUI will offer to index it. Run the indexing job and when it's done, MeGUI's Script Creator will open. Switch to the script tab and you'll see a line for opening the video with something that isn't DirectShowSource. You can still copy and paste the script from your link, but minus the first line. You'd end up with something like:

LWLibavVideoSource("D:\FOTR-D1.mkv")
    GiCoCu("curves.cur")
    crop( 0, 140, 0, -140)
    gradfun3(thr=1.3)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Was the solution not to use DirectShowSource?

Generally you'd open a video using the File/Open menu or via the File Indexer under the Tools menu. MeGUI will offer to index it. Run the indexing job and when it's done, MeGUI's Script Creator will open. Switch to the script tab and you'll see a line for opening the video with something that isn't DirectShowSource. You can still copy and paste the script from your link, but minus the first line. You'd end up with something like:

LWLibavVideoSource("D:\FOTR-D1.mkv")
    GiCoCu("curves.cur")
    crop( 0, 140, 0, -140)
    gradfun3(thr=1.3)

Hello, no, it was to install properly ffdshow haali media splitter and configure it via win7dsfiltertweaker (i forgot this last passage)
    Quote Quote  
  4. DirectShowSource isn't frame accurate. It's generally fine when encoding from start to finish, but if you only encode specific frame ranges using Trim(), or use complex filtering that might request frames out of order etc, it can sometimes be problematic.
    Plus as you've discovered, it requires the installation of system codecs for decoding, and that's out of MeGUI's control. Leaving an ffdshow filter enabled can effect the decoded video, which is something I've accidentally done myself a few times.

Anyway..... the reason for using the File Indexer is MeGUI will generally pick the best indexer/encoder for the job and after the indexing is complete all seeking will be frame accurate, and each indexer/decoder is self contained. You don't need to install system codecs.
    Quote Quote