VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    encoding 3hr+ dvd using sefys guide...smartripper, dvd2avi, tmpgenc, nero.....all settings default per the guide....good quality overall except now with 3hr+ dvd.....seems the wav file is too large (more than 2gig) and tmpgenc cannot encode it....tried encoding audio as mp3, still error in tmpgenc....is there any way to bypass or crack this 2gig limit in tmpgenc, windows XP, etc. etc......able to encode video but no sound at all.....tried raising the priority for the wav reader in environmental settings...still no go.....any advice will be helpful.......thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I'm having the same problem. A 3Gb+ .WAV file and no sound .
    Is there any way to bypass this limit?
    Or do we have to slice the WAVs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    seems like thats the case...i havent gotten too many ideas as to how to bypass this.....not too much help....you might want to try to split the wav with virtual dub...it was also suggested to me to download VOB2AUDIO and MPEGDJEncoder.....to use VOB2AUDIO to extract the audio from the VOBS to a WAV then load the WAV into MPEGDJEncoder and encode to mp2 then multiplex this with your movie using the MPEGtools......havent really tried these methods yet....there has to be an easier way....for now ive just stopped trying to copy 3hr+ movies......if you come up with anything let me know....try to get help from tmpgenc.net....look for ASHY...he knows his stuff and is really cool with helping people.........good luck
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this will help or not, but in the last version of TMPGEnc there was a reported bug concerning this exact issue. Supposedly it has been fixed in the latest version 2.57.41.146.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the heads up kayfam but the bug that was supposedly fixed is still there (2.57)! Still no sound...

Oh and I've yet another bug to add to the list: selecting ANY source range results in this error message: "Write error occurred at address 77F53812 of module 'ntdll.dll' with FD82FD85". Hitting start again creates another message: "The error occurred when ACM was initialized.". The same bug appears in TMPGEnc-2.54.36.134-Plus (ofcourse).

Steps taken before TMPGEnc:

CladDVD->DVD2AVI (which spitted out the .d2v and .wav for TMPGEnc to process).
    Quote Quote