VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Womble MPEG VIdeo Wizard 5.0 for a number of years but just ran into a new problem. The Editor (main) Toolbar has disappeared. I've searched behind the other windows but no luck. I suspect it just got moved completely off my screen but I can't recover it. I uninstalled Video Wizard and reinstalled it but when I run it, the other windows just open in their previous location without the Editor Toolbar, so obviously the settings for their desktop location is being retained even after uninstall. Does anyone know where that information is so I can delete it, or have any other suggestions for finding the Editor Toolbar? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, now I've made it more dfficult. Since I reinstalled, I no longer have a DVD Maker window, and of course the only way to get it to appear is with the Editor Toolbar.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes!!! Many thanks! I found a folder "womble" in Users/username/Appdata/Local and renamed it, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It created a new folder "womble" in that location. Apparently the Appdata/womble folder is not removed normally when you do an uninstall so the old desktop location is retained. When I open Video Wizard now, all the windows appear including the Editor Toolbar. Thanks again!
    Further details: The old "womble" folder on my PC contained 2 subfolders, caches and MpegVideoWizardDVD. The subfolder cache contained 2 files, cut-list.txt and subcolor.txt but I don't think these have anything to do with my problem. The subfolder MpegVideoWizardDVD contains the file upgrade.uid and the subfolder Configs, which in turn contains a number of files similar to those shown in your list. I'm guessing that one of these contains the location history of the windows on the desktop.
    The newly created "womble" folder contains a subfolder MpegVideoWizardDVD with it's subfolder Configs, which, when created, is completely empty.
    Quote Quote