VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I apologize first off if this may be in the wrong place, but i couldnt see anywhere else to ask this. I have a HVR 1800 card and I do not for the life of me know where to connect the ir sensor. The manual says to connect it to the "Remote Control Socket" but i dont know if thats supposed to be on the card or on my computer?? Is it even necessary for proper use??

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    On the card.

Well, it's necessary if you want to use the remote control...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i looked on the card and i didnt see anywhere to hook it up...theres no port for it

http://www.hauppauge.com/pics/hvr1800mckit_board-s.jpg

theres a pic of my card
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 1800 that has the IR blaster kit has the needed port. One of the 1800s didn't come with a remote and doesn't work with IR blasters. Are you using Media Center?
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    trying to yes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another option is to get the Media Center remote with its IR puck. The puck connects via USB and it supports two IR blasters, or at least the two that I have do.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    meh...nvm...i just realized how shit my luck is.....now even though the card is properly installed, drivers up to date and it is recognized in windows, media center doesnt see its there......so ill just say **** it and wait till i can afford to have some tech guy build me a new pc and configure this thing for $150......thx for the help anyways
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by agoramilio
    meh...nvm...i just realized how shit my luck is.....now even though the card is properly installed, drivers up to date and it is recognized in windows, media center doesnt see its there......so ill just say **** it and wait till i can afford to have some tech guy build me a new pc and configure this thing for $150......thx for the help anyways
    You gotta' run the media center setup wizard for TV

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey...so ive had some success with getting channels...but i have another question that i may already know the answer to but im scanning for HD channels using WinTV and most are encrypted..is there any way to get those unencrypted?
    and if this card doesnt have a port for the ir blaster...why is there one with the card/

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The ATSC tuner on that card only supports open QAM-encrypted channels so if they're using a key (thus not open encryption) then you're not meant to view those channels without the use of the cable box or such. From what I've seen the open QAM channels are DiscoveryHD, ESPN, and the rest of those that normally come with standard HD cable packages.
    Quote Quote