VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, Firstly I am new to this forum so im sorry if this has been posted before.
    I am at my wits end. Trying to burn a new pack of 10 verbatim m disc dvds.
    both my dvd writers are lg and are m disc ready.
    both my writers refuse the discs and throw them back at me.
    firmware is up to date, and all my dvd software reacts the same.
    no joy from lg or verbatim.
    any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    We need particulars:
    MFR code of that disc batch
    Make & Model of the burner
    OS
    Actual text of error message. "refuse", "throw them back at me" and "no joy" don't clearly explain what is going on.
    Also, how do we know you don't have an image that is just too large to be burned, etc.?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Verbatim site quotes a lot of LG writers compatable so I assume your writers are on that list.

Did you get these disks from a reputable source and not some fly-by-night outfit ?

But I must ask why you have gone down this route. Standard Verbatim AZO are good disks. They might not last the 667 years that are claimed for the M but that claim is ridiculous since it can not be proven. Even doing three copies on standard media and stored in different places will be cheaper than these.
    Quote Quote  
  4. They are official verbatim m disc dvds. The writer is an LG GE24. There is no error message, the drive ejects the disc and the software asks for a blank dvd. I am using roxio dvd burner and sony dvd architect. My older dvd collection is starting to degrade so I need to replace with something that will last a bit longer.
    I am just a regular dvd user. I am not a technohead, so some down to earth advice would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am sure they are 'official' (I have an 'official' set of the Beatles disks from some years ago - pressed etc. and I still think they are fakes) but that did not answer my question.

You could also try another burning program such as imgburn.

And AZO simply will last a bit longer. These M disks are more focused for critically important stuff. But its your money.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by nsargent1@live.co.uk View Post
    They are official verbatim m disc dvds. The writer is an LG GE24. There is no error message, the drive ejects the disc and the software asks for a blank dvd. I am using roxio dvd burner and sony dvd architect. My older dvd collection is starting to degrade so I need to replace with something that will last a bit longer.
    I am just a regular dvd user. I am not a technohead, so some down to earth advice would be appreciated.
    So have you ever used this particular batch (successfully) before? Could be the formulation on the disc isn't compatible with your burner - thus the reason I asked about the mfr media code (which we still don't know).

Check this FAQ: http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm
    You can use something like DVDInfoPro (even in trial mode) to find the code if you don't know it already.

Scott
    Quote Quote