VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40
FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1190
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    No.. I want to transcode one source file in two profiles as per below.

1) 352x288_256Kbps_15fps_WMV
    2) 352x288_512Kbps_25fps_WMV
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vijm1972 View Post
    No.. I want to transcode one source file in two profiles as per below.

1) 352x288_256Kbps_15fps_WMV
    2) 352x288_512Kbps_25fps_WMV
    Is not possible!

The watch option uses the current settings for all conversions. It can not guess what the user actually wants with the clip and change the settings accordingly. I don't think there anywhere exists a folder watch option that can do that.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ok....Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    @vijm1972

At second thought, I think it's possible (in one go) where it concerns FFmpeg. But it's somewhat outside the goal of this support thread to provide complex FFmpeg solution. Avanti offers the tools and it's up to the user to use them creatively.

I'll give it a try and if I succeed, I'll post back.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    At second thought, I think it's possible (in one go) where it concerns FFmpeg. But it's somewhat outside the goal of this support thread to provide complex FFmpeg solution. Avanti offers the tools and it's up to the user to use them creatively.

I'll give it a try and if I succeed, I'll post back.
    FFmpeg can do it and Avanti can do it with the -new option but it gets stuck on the FFmpeg progress info which displays two times the q value instead of one. It isn't prepared for that. You could do it by setting the console mode with <Ctrl-S> keys.

frame= 292 fps= 22 q=17.6 q=8.4 size= 942kB time=00:00:19.79 bitrate= 389.6kbits/s

Code:
    [USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS]

-new

-i "@source1"

-dvs -b:v 256k -r 15
    # additional video commands
    -das
    -o "f:/$source1_name 15fps.wmv"

-dvs -b:v 512k -r 25
    # additional video commands
    -das
    -o "f:/$source1_name 25fps.wmv"
    You have to set the basic settings for wmv at the main page. For "f:/" you have to fill in the watch destination folder path.

EDIT: You need to set the destination path on top of the gui to NULL.

EDIT2:

There is another issue that makes it practically not very useful yet. Destination file name is delayed which means the current clip gets the name of the previous. Anyway, food for some improvements on the next version.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 27th Feb 2015 at 10:25.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently got an iPhone and am starting to use iMovie for simple edits. I would like to import my other HD video so I'm using avanti to convert but I'm having a problem with variable bit rates. I was able to just copy video on an MP4 with constrained baseline of 9000kbps but on higher variable bitrates it didn't work and I would like to retain quality to a degree. I also found it odd that one of my cams actually saves in MOV file but the device rejected it. Can you provide any information on converting successful MOV files? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by GoldenMeanie View Post
    I recently got an iPhone and am starting to use iMovie for simple edits. I would like to import my other HD video so I'm using avanti to convert but I'm having a problem with variable bit rates. I was able to just copy video on an MP4 with constrained baseline of 9000kbps but on higher variable bitrates it didn't work and I would like to retain quality to a degree.
    I can't be of much help with this. I don't have any access to the I-whatever devices to check things out.

I also found it odd that one of my cams actually saves in MOV file but the device rejected it. Can you provide any information on converting successful MOV files? Thanks.
    An older Ipod template included in Avanti uses -f ipod in its commands and writes to a m4v container. Perhaps try this and see if the device accepts it?

There are a lot of other free guis available that provide ready-to-use profiles for these devices. Take a look at the tools section here at VideoHelp.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

Please let me know if below specs is possible using Avanti. I have tried video specs, they are as per my requirement but I not getting audio Dolby Digital Plus E-AC3 7.1. Also wanted embedded subtitle as per the specs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	30594

Thanks
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Please let me know if below specs is possible using Avanti. I have tried video specs, they are as per my requirement but I not getting audio Dolby Digital Plus E-AC3 7.1. Also wanted embedded subtitle as per the specs.
    When you ask if it's possible with Avanti, you actually ask if it's possible with FFmpeg. To begin with ac3 audio, FFmpeg reports...
    Code:
    [ac3 @ 02f9f420] Specified channel layout '7.1' is not supported
    As for closed caption subtitles, FFmpeg can perhaps mux them in but not convert them from something else.

I guess these are PRO requirements and I'm afraid FFmpeg isn't PRO enough for that. You probably need (expensive) payware to get what you want.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I have a source file with 1 video and 8 audio mono streams, wanted to make them 1 video and 1 audio stream with 8 channels using 8 audio source streams. Is this possible?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I have a source file with 1 video and 8 audio mono streams, wanted to make them 1 video and 1 audio stream with 8 channels using 8 audio source streams. Is this possible?
    Code:
    2:41:16 - Process started using ffmpeg version N-70441-gdcf7924
    ==============================================================================================

Input #0, mxf, from 'F:/x-test_videos/xdcamhd-50mbps-1080i5994.mxf':
      Duration: 00:00:04.67, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 60900 kb/s
        Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video (4:2:2), yuv422p(tv, bt709),
          1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 50000 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 29.97 tbn,
          59.94 tbc
        Stream #0:1: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
        Stream #0:2: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
        Stream #0:3: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
        Stream #0:4: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
        Stream #0:5: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
        Stream #0:6: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
        Stream #0:7: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
        Stream #0:8: Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32 (24 bit), 1152 kb/s
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Output #0, mxf, to 'F:/VirtualDub Capture2/test_final.mxf':
        Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv422p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=1-6,
          50000 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
        Stream #0:1: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, 7.1, s16, 6144 kb/s (default)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stream mapping:
      Stream #0:1 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in0 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:2 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in1 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:3 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in2 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:4 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in3 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:5 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in4 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:6 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in5 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:7 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in6 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:8 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in7 (graph 0)
      Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mpeg2video (native) -> mpeg2video (native))
      amerge (graph 0) -> Stream #0:1 (pcm_s16le)

==============================================================================================
    It looks like this works but you have to check out if the channels are really there.
    Code:
    [USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS]

# video commands for chosen output format.

-filter_complex "[0:1][0:2][0:3][0:4][0:5][0:6][0:7][0:8] amerge=inputs=8[s1]"

-map 0:0
    -map [s1]:1
    Set # of channels at the main page audio settings to 8. The filter output label [s1] is arbitrary chosen to refer to in the map command. If you do not map, you get audio first which is not accepted by the mxf container.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    I recently got an iPhone and am starting to use iMovie for simple edits. I would like to import my other HD video so I'm using avanti to convert but I'm having a problem with variable bit rates. I was able to just copy video on an MP4 with constrained baseline of 9000kbps but on higher variable bitrates it didn't work and I would like to retain quality to a degree.
    I can't be of much help with this. I don't have any access to the I-whatever devices to check things out.

I also found it odd that one of my cams actually saves in MOV file but the device rejected it. Can you provide any information on converting successful MOV files? Thanks.
    An older Ipod template included in Avanti uses -f ipod in its commands and writes to a m4v container. Perhaps try this and see if the device accepts it?

There are a lot of other free guis available that provide ready-to-use profiles for these devices. Take a look at the tools section here at VideoHelp.

Chris
    Actually after a bit of trial and error I got the following settings to work, which are based on an actual clip I recorded with my phone in full HD. These settings are now my default template for converting to my iPhone:

Audio:
    Codec: AAC
    Bitrate: 64kbps
    Sample Frequency: 44100
    Channels: 1

Video:
    Codec: H.264
    Container: MOV
    Frame size 1920x1080
    Colorspc. Source (for now)
    Frame Rate: 30
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9 DAR

Bitrate 17738

In the user options add: -pix_fmt yuv420p

This created a usable clip I was able to import and edit in iMovie and it worked perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Actually after a bit of trial and error I got the following settings to work, which are based on an actual clip I recorded with my phone in full HD. These settings are now my default template for converting to my iPhone:

Audio:
    Codec: AAC
    Bitrate: 64kbps
    Sample Frequency: 44100
    Channels: 1

Video:
    Codec: H.264
    Container: MOV
    Frame size 1920x1080
    Colorspc. Source (for now)
    Frame Rate: 30
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9 DAR

Bitrate 17738

In the user options add: -pix_fmt yuv420p

This created a usable clip I was able to import and edit in iMovie and it worked perfectly.
    With your settings and without any additional x264 tweaking I get;

[libx264 @ 02ff3020] profile High, level 4.1

You can set the "Colorspc." box to yuv420p. That does the same as putting it on the command line.

Does the iPhone only accepts 30 fps and low bitrate one channel audio?

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I need an answer to this ASAP so if anyone can chime in, I'm all ears.

I'm trying to do a simple crop, one I've done a zillion times before. My variables look okay, it's just that when I initialize the process, I get a message that kills it saying "Error Opening Filters". My builds are fine, I can even process without the crop routine, but when I go to it I get the same error.

Working on a project I hope to have finished in the next few hours so please someone help.

Thanks.

Okay, I am not sure why it did this but I had entered a value for rotate in the template and even though I deleted it, it might have been tripping up the process. So I entered a value of 0 and that seemed to work.

Now why can't I delete this whole post?
    Last edited by GoldenMeanie; 19th Mar 2015 at 18:51. Reason: Because I can't delete it?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Now why can't I delete this whole post?
    VideoHelp doesn't have that option but thanks to that, I can take some action in the next version to avoid such an error.

Okay, I am not sure why it did this but I had entered a value for rotate in the template and even though I deleted it, it might have been tripping up the process. So I entered a value of 0 and that seemed to work.
    You cannot empty the rotate field but indeed have to set it to zero. There are calculations connected to many options and you can't calculate while missing one of the numerical values.

I'll add some error checking for that in the next version. Also the FFmpeg error reporting is poorly parsed in this case. Will fix that too. FFmpeg actually says on it ...

[Parsed_rotate_0 @ 0306df60] [Eval @ 046ff914] Undefined constant or missing '(' in '*PI/180'
    [Parsed_rotate_0 @ 0306df60] Error occurred parsing angle expression '*PI/180'
    [Parsed_rotate_0 @ 0306df60] Failed to configure output pad on Parsed_rotate_0

So still thanks for your post. It helps to improve things.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

Please suggest if we can stitch DVD .vob files (chapters) using folder watch option?

Thanks
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Please suggest if we can stitch DVD .vob files (chapters) using folder watch option?
    Stitch ???

If you mean concatinate (join) vob files, NO you can't do that with the watch option. Imagine a bunch of vob files copied to the watch folder. How would a application know which ones belong to eachother and in what order they have to be joined?

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    deleted
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chris, I am using 090, I've been able to change the Avanti.ini file and add screen sizes to the user field ect.... now in 091 I can not do this. Please advise
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SWBisbee View Post
    Chris, I am using 090, I've been able to change the Avanti.ini file and add screen sizes to the user field ect.... now in 091 I can not do this. Please advise
    Hi SWBisbee,

I heard from more users that they do it that way but it's much easier to add options to the dropdown lists. In this case, just type your new frame size in the frame size field and press enter. It then will be added permanently to the end of the list (user section). If you want to re-arrange the list (any list), double-click on the field to open the "Options Editor". You there can pick up a item with the mouse pointer and drag it to another position. You there can also add or delete items.

There's a change in version 0.9.1 in that it stores the dropdown list contents in a separate file. This to preserve user additions in case you have to delete the ini file at persistent errors. If you still want to do it manually you can find the file in the "avsystem" folder as "combos.ini".

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

Need your help on adding Channel bug. My Target is WMV format.

Thanks
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Need your help on adding Channel bug. My Target is WMV format.
    This sounds very cryptic to me!

I can only try to help if you give me the details (as much as posssible).

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    My Source file is in 352x288 mkv format and watermark is also with same resolution in PNG format. I wanted to add that watermark onto mkv file. I don't wanted to position the watermark, it's pre adjusted to require position.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    My Source file is in 352x288 mkv format and watermark is also with same resolution in PNG format. I wanted to add that watermark onto mkv file. I don't wanted to position the watermark, it's pre adjusted to require position.
    I assume your watermark PNG is transparent (if not, make one). Then you can use the following script settings...

Code:
    [USER_SOURCE_PATHS]

-i "c:/your_watermark.png"

[USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS]

-filter_complex "overlay=x=0:y=0"

# additional commands (if required).

For all the options, see here ...

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#overlay-1

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Chris..
    Quote Quote  
  26. I downloaded latest Avanti and FFMpeg 32-bit static, copied ffmpeg.exe, ffplay.exe, ffprobe.exe to Avanti ffmpeg folder, started Avanti, and wanted to capture stream from my webcam. Selected Dshow device in Source 1, Ctrl+clicked - get empty pan with no sources, click on FFPlay Filter Preview button gives an error "Could not find video stream in source clip (Please disable video)." It doesn't explain how to disable video, and why.

When I run the same FFMpeg build in Win 8.1 Command Prompt, and enter the command below, it works perfect giving good quality saved recording.

Code:
    ffmpeg -s 1280x720 -framerate 30 -rtbufsize 100MB -f dshow -vcodec mjpeg -i video="Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910":audio="Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C910)" -codec copy L:\Video\C910.mkv
    I can see preview at the same time with ffplay via Command Promt using a longer command. How I can make it work in Avanti? Right now it doesn't for me either with 32 or 64-bit FFMpeg builds, regardless of the output formats selected. No Avisynth is installed.
    Last edited by zamar27; 2nd Apr 2015 at 16:02.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by zamar27 View Post
    When I run the same FFMpeg build in Win 8.1 Command Prompt, and enter the command below, it works perfect giving good quality saved recording.

ffmpeg -s 1280x720 -framerate 30 -rtbufsize 100MB -f dshow -vcodec mjpeg -i video="Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910":audio="Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C910)" -codec copy L:\Video\C910.mkv
    I have no experience with dshow and webcam but did you put this at the "Source 1" field?

Code:
    video="Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910":audio="Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C910)"
    EDIT:

also add this to the FFmpeg script editor...

Code:
    [USER_SOURCE_PATHS]

-s 1280x720 -framerate 30 -rtbufsize 100MB -vcodec mjpeg <<--
    This are the required input options, redirected to the the location before the -i command with <<-- .
    Also set audio and video codec ath the main page to "Copy Audio and "Copy Video".

That's the procedure for Avanti when you selected the dshow device. You can click on the "Source 1" field and press <F1> to call up the help section. Once set up, you can double-click on the "Source 1" field which should show the source properties of your webcam and audio device.

The reason why it asks to disable video is becaue it don't see a video stream in the capture but if it's set up properly, it should. With disable video (or audio) Avanti means; disable the "Destination video settings" section at the main page. But that won't help in this case.

Please follow the procedure as explained in the help and let me know,

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 1st Apr 2015 at 01:37.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    @zamar27

I tried things out and found that the "Dshow device" option is broken since Avanti version 0.91

I'll try to fix it soon. You could use version 0.9.0 for now.

EDIT:

Actually not broken if ffmpeg sees the webcam device but it needs some improvements. This means you can still try it with version 0.9.1

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 1st Apr 2015 at 02:20.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Dshow looks broken to me in many ways, and also definitely needs improvement. Avanti can pickup or set default webcam output without user adding any code in [USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS]. Also, it should list all available sources without user adding the source manually in Source 1.

0.9.1. looks broken, and 0.9.0 didn't work yesterday with Dshow. When clicking on Preview button after entering above code, the error says: "FFplay seems to have a problem and reports ...
    Argument 'HD' provided as input filename, but 'video=Logitech' was already specified." Can you post the command you call ffplay with?

It also unclear, whether user code entered in [USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS] should be saved somehow. There should be also an option to adjust Preview window size, since webcam stream selected for Preview window is often uncompressed low res, while webcam stream captured to file may be high res natively compressed by webcam to avoid transcoding.

I assume, when Destination Audio and Video Settings are disabled, Avanti would save the captured stream to a selected container type without transcoding? If that's not the case, can you add "No Transcoding" option to Audio and Video Codecs dropdowns? You may need to explain in Help, what container types are better suited for certain codec types.

Do I need to select MP4Box option in Destination field when capturing audio and video streams from webcam? Also, Destination File Type should provide several valid selectable options in dropdown menu, like MP4, mkv, avi etc. They should depend on what audio and video codecs are selected for the output, and vice versa.

Why Source 2 right click options are different from Source 1 options?

Not sure, what your forum avatar means?
    Last edited by zamar27; 1st Apr 2015 at 09:56.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Sorry, duplicate, pls delete.
    Quote Quote