VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Thanks for the response.

The audio was actually ripped using mkvextract from an file made by makemkv, so I don't know what that means in regard to lossless or AC3 core.

I'll try UsEac3to--everytime I try the actual eac3to GUI, one version freezes and one doesn't have any input method for audio files. I'll try today and see how it goes. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Success! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frodawgg View Post
    Success! Thanks!
    Great! The main secret is that you HAVE to put the core back in, because in the MKV format it is ALWAYS missing and TSMuxer will not read it as a full TrueHD file, but will ironically only see the core (which seems backwards, I know, but... )
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI guys wondering if you're still monitoring this thread but I'm having REAL trouble getting the demuxed TruHD audio file to even load into UsEac3to.
    I'm a MAC guy, not really a PC user, but using this GUI is the only way to produce a thd+ac3 file to load into TsmuxeR.
    So I've been scouring posts, attempting to load up ffmpeg, using MkvMerge GUI to extract the TrueHD track from the MakeMKV produced mkv, saving it as an .mkv file, launching the UsEac3to GUI and dropping it into the interface, the command screen briefly flashes up and disappears, and then it just sits there saying
    "C:\Users\SP 1\Desktop\ffmpeg.exe" "C:\Users\SP 1\Desktop\Movie title_t00.mkv" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Users\SP 1\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO8DEA5345\UsEac3To.log"
    Processing Info... Please wait or Ctrl+C over CMD window.
    and it sits there and sits there doing nothing.
    Clearly I've not done something right in the setup so I'm going to have to get some painstakingly basic advice on setting this up correctly, where to correctly place the right files necessary for this task.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ridonkulous View Post
    HI guys wondering if you're still monitoring this thread but I'm having REAL trouble getting the demuxed TruHD audio file to even load into UsEac3to.
    I'm a MAC guy, not really a PC user, but using this GUI is the only way to produce a thd+ac3 file to load into TsmuxeR.
    So I've been scouring posts, attempting to load up ffmpeg, using MkvMerge GUI to extract the TrueHD track from the MakeMKV produced mkv, saving it as an .mkv file, launching the UsEac3to GUI and dropping it into the interface, the command screen briefly flashes up and disappears, and then it just sits there saying
    "C:\Users\SP 1\Desktop\ffmpeg.exe" "C:\Users\SP 1\Desktop\Movie title_t00.mkv" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Users\SP 1\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO8DEA5345\UsEac3To.log"
    Processing Info... Please wait or Ctrl+C over CMD window.
    and it sits there and sits there doing nothing.
    Clearly I've not done something right in the setup so I'm going to have to get some painstakingly basic advice on setting this up correctly, where to correctly place the right files necessary for this task.....
    Hmmm... I don't quite understand the ffmpeg part, sorry...

It's been a while since I did this you should just simply have to drop the MKV movie file into UsEac3to and it should within a few seconds read the file and allow you to choose the TrueHD in the drop-down part. Then in the output file next to that, you choose TrueHD + AC3. And, then when you run the command line it should put the AC3 core back in and render a subsequent file that MIGHT have a .mka suffix. I THINK that is what it does now. Either that or the resulting file will not have a suffix at all. But, THAT is the file you then need to drop into MKVMerge in order to mux the new audio file now WITH the AC3 core back into the original movie file (make sure you de-select the original TrueHD audio stream though when you add the new one.

That should do it...

Make sure your UsEac3to is set up with the right paths to eac3to.exe, etc...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good advice. Your last sentence is where I think I’ve really gone wrong, setting this thing up correctly. Once I get on top of that I think the rest should take care of itself. I tried reading the ‘read me’ file that comes with it but it’s very hard to comprehend. A basic step by step would be great telling me CLEARLY which file to put where in order to make the GUI work. So far I haven’t found one. But I spose that’s the trouble when you only have a little knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would GUESS you already know this...

[Attachment 44686 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep I clocked that, but for me that's where I come up short:
    - path to eac3to, a window comes up requesting software. what to select for this specific exercise?
    - path to mkvmerge: I read somewhere this was optional only, and I have that already installed on my Mac for those requirements. It's not a big deal for me to reinstall on the PC, just need to know
    - path to TsmuxeR: same deal
    - encoders folder: this is where I thought ffmpeg had to go (I read that libav/ffmpeg was the only decoder that recognized the 7.1 surround in TrueHD) but again need clarification
    - output folder: I just selected desktop to make it easy

And then what to put in the command line parameter box...

What I've done is rip the TrueHD track out of the movie .mkv on the Mac and transfer that over to the PC. Seems I've got that backwards, if what you're saying is get the movie itself into UsEac3to FIRST to extract the track there, then use mkvmerge, TsmuxeR etc. So if I can get the GUI properly set up I think I'll be right. Thanks for your patience with me by the way..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep I clocked that, but for me that's where I come up short:
    - path to eac3to, a window comes up requesting software. what to select for this specific exercise?
    - path to mkvmerge: I read somewhere this was optional only, and I have that already installed on my Mac for those requirements. It's not a big deal for me to reinstall on the PC, just need to know
    - path to TsmuxeR: same deal
    - encoders folder: this is where I thought ffmpeg had to go (I read that libav/ffmpeg was the only decoder that recognized the 7.1 surround in TrueHD) but again need clarification
    - output folder: I just selected desktop to make it easy

And then what to put in the command line parameter box...

What I've done is rip the TrueHD track out of the movie .mkv on the Mac and transfer that over to the PC. Seems I've got that backwards, if what you're saying is get the movie itself into UsEac3to FIRST to extract the track there, then use mkvmerge, TsmuxeR etc. So if I can get the GUI properly set up I think I'll be right. Thanks for your patience with me by the way..
    Sure... Of course you realize that since you do use a Mac, I will hafta hunt you down and kill you... Image
    [Attachment 44690 - Click to enlarge]

But, with that said... Yeah, just drop the full movie MKV file into UsEac3to and then choose the TrueHD file in the drop down and then choose the TrueHD+AC3 in the output and then run the CMD line. You DO have to have the latest (or some version) of Eac3to DL'd too and that is where you point the GUI to the eac3to.exe IIRC, I THINK that the GUI might find the other stuff automatically in your program files, I'm not sure...

Hope that helps...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ridonkulous View Post
    eac3to package already comes with parts of ffmpeg ("avcodec-*.dll"). It doesn't use ffmpeg.exe.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    eac3to package already comes with parts of ffmpeg ("avcodec-*.dll"). It doesn't use ffmpeg.exe.
    Ah, there you go... Someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hunt me down and kill me!! Wow now I'm really gonna have to report you to D Trump

Downloaded the eac3to package file which already had UsEac3to GUI inside it (someone's been very helpful), and I opened that thinking it would simply recognize all the files that came with the eac3to package but it still asked me to select a path to ...hang on a sec....dummy! Don't just open the zip file and expect it to work, EXTRACT the uncompressed file onto the desktop, THEN open up the package. Voila it works! OK just to check I've selected thd+ac3, clicked add and the command line prompt opens up, then just clicked RUN CL. It all seems to be happening, i'll report back the result
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hunt me down and kill me!! Wow now I'm really gonna have to report you to D Trump

Downloaded the eac3to package file which already had UsEac3to GUI inside it (someone's been very helpful), and I opened that thinking it would simply recognize all the files that came with the eac3to package but it still asked me to select a path to ...hang on a sec....dummy! Don't just open the zip file and expect it to work, EXTRACT the uncompressed file onto the desktop, THEN open up the package. Voila it works! OK just to check I've selected thd+ac3, clicked add and the command line prompt opens up, then just clicked RUN CL. It all seems to be happening, i'll report back the result
    That's okay, you're a Mac user... just take it nice and SLOWWWWWWW...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK report back.

Success on first file attempt.

File properly created, imports into TsmuxeR fine and produces a fine .iso.

A slight sync issue on playback thru the Dune media player and Marantz av receiver but I'm unsure if that's a big issue as yet (I did read earlier posts some people were experiencing this).

Nonetheless a brilliant workaround to my problem and I really don't know where I'd be without not only people developing this stuff but also the support network here who've helped. When I'm stateside next this Mac tragic definitely owes people here a kofefe.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK report back.

Success on first file attempt.

File properly created, imports into TsmuxeR fine and produces a fine .iso.

A slight sync issue on playback thru the Dune media player and Marantz av receiver but I'm unsure if that's a big issue as yet (I did read earlier posts some people were experiencing this).

Nonetheless a brilliant workaround to my problem and I really don't know where I'd be without not only people developing this stuff but also the support network here who've helped. When I'm stateside next this Mac tragic definitely owes people here a kofefe.
    Glad to hear it mate! Software players sometimes do weird things, but the encoding should be okay.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!