VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On the QTGMC Download page

It says this:

Dfttest, FFT3DFilter and MVTools2 need the FFTW3 library (windows builds). On a 64-bit Windows OS, extract the 32-bit libfftw3f-3.dll. Make a copy of it and rename it as "FFTW3.dll". Place the files "libfftw3f-3.dll" and "FFTW3.dll" in the SysWow64 folder.

If you want to use the 64-bit libfftw3f-3.dll versions then extract the 64-bit libfftw3f-3.dll. Make a copy of it and rename it as "FFTW3.dll". Place the files "libfftw3f-3.dll" and "FFTW3.dll" in the System32 folder.
    I understand the first sentence because I have a 64bit OS.

I don't understand the second sentence. To help me out, could somebody please answer these questions:

Is QTGMC 32 bit and QTGMC 64 bit one in the same, with the only difference being the 32-bit or 64-bit plugins for it?

I'm thinking of using 32-bit AVISynth so I can get access to Chromashift or the Flaxen VHS filter in Vdub 32bit.

If I want to use 32-bit AVISynth on my 64-bit OS, should I be doing the first sentence or the second sentence (or both) quoted above in regards to the FFTW3 library files?

What does the second sentence actually mean? Why would you "want to use the 64-bit libfftw3f-3.dll versions...".

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Alwyn; 27th Jun 2021 at 04:53. Reason: V added to HS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to get the 32 bit subsystem working, put the files into \syswow64 as per the instructions.
    QTGMC and other scripts are neither 32 or 64 bit, they work unchanged in both environments,
    it's the plugins they call and the bitness of the host program that have to match, either 32 or 64 bit,

I used 32 bit myself for the longest time, but I've recently started to use 64 bit; to get mtmodes and Prefetch()
    working properly (for the better performance) the 32 bit version didn't work - kept failing due to memory
    issues. This is the limit of the 32 bit memory addressing scheme
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Davexnet, so the second sentence paragraph (sorry) of those instructions (putting the files into the \system32 folder) applies if you want to use QTGMC with 32 bit Vdub?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No it's the other way around, \windows\system32 is the 64bit system
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Arh Ha! Now I comprehend. Thanks Dave.

I've now got both 32 and 64 running.
    Quote Quote