VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having problem reading dvd-r, it always response with reading error when try to copy dvd-r but I don't have any problem reading original dvd or dvd+r in NEC ND-1100A. Any one having the same problem as I do? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As I recall, the 1100A is + only. You cannot use DVD-R/RW
    Quote Quote  
  3. Think that's right.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You are correct but I am trying to read DVD-R and use DVD+R to copy it. I am not trying to use DVD-R to burn. What I am trying to say is a friend of mine copy a movie in DVD-R and I am trying to copy from it. If he used DVD+R, I don't have problem copy the movie but if he used DVD-R, I can't read it. It would just read about 50% and dvd decryptor or nero would throw out an error. Any one have the same problem or is there a fix for this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. i have the 1100a drive and it has no problems reading dvd-r at all, although i must add that i upgraded it to nec 1300a firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have that exact drive and no problems reading -R here. I have not updated the firmware or anything.

Is it all -R or a particular one?

I have a DVD-Rom drive that will read movies, but has issues with data.

It's hard to say.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It has problem because if I bring the same dvd-r over to my nec nd-1000a which is older model, I can read and copy it using dvd+r without any problem, just slower 2x. I think I am going to return the drive if I can't seem to find a solution. It's time to dig into my old credit card to find the receipt.
    Quote Quote