VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My dvd writer is a "LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-812S"....Before I bought my dvdwriter for $69.99. It writes DVD-/+ RW....I can write DVD-R and DVD+R, but the graphic is quite ugly and the movie kept stopping in every 2 second. Before I updated my firmware, it sometimes loses dvd-r(s).....and after I updated my firmware, it kept burning errors which I lose more than 100 disc out of 150.......
    My problem is do I have the right firmware? do I needed to update my firmware? is the price making the writer sucks? or was it the disc itself? Right now I tried Sonic DVD-R.....I lost lots of disc.......... Before I bought this Sonic disc, I have Ritek disc which I still lose some disc, but not as much....

Could it be my burner or Do anyone have a suggustion or can someone help me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    JohnnyLee please tell us what you are doing when you are burning all these bad discs. Are you creating back-ups of movies? What program(s) are you using (DVD Shrink /Burning Program Like NERO etc. and version) to reauthor and burn your DVDs? Your problem could be a number of things from software, media and lastly your hardware. Loosing that many disks is one too many my friend. PLease tell us what firmware version your DVD writer is reporting also please? Lastly what are you viewing this DVD on (the one that start/stop every 2 seconds) set top player, computer?
    Quote Quote  
  3. try posting your problem here -> http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

but you have to join first...

you can also crossflash your drive to become a 832s...so u can burn dual layer discs
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    with all this disc that I lose was to one of my orginal dvd movie. I tried using plenty of ways that online tought me, but all the disc that I tried isn't working the way I like. When put it in the dvd player, the graphic neither is ugly or unplayable. I use Dvdshrink, dencrypt, nero, and copytodvd as programs to burn my backups. I don't even a have backups yet due to this problem.....My firmware for my DVD burn firmware is from Here. Please help me. I'm wasting disc on four movies of mine......
    Quote Quote  
  5. try firmware from here http://www.firmware.fr.st/

it might be the media that you use.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Use DVD+R.
    If God had intended us not to masturbate he would've made our arms shorter.
    George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot lenti_75.... My dvd burn a little better, but image still freeze in each 2 to 3 sec and unfeeze in each sec.....This time, the dvd burn without error and disc isn't stop in the middle of burning....
    Quote Quote