VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone. I am having an issue with my blu-ray drive.
    My blu-ray drive model is: LG WH14NS40.
    As the title states, I just flashed it using the SDFTool flasher and with patched firmware. Windows recognises my drive and so does MakeMKV (no issues there). MakeMKV also now mentions that LibreDrive drive is enabled. The main problem is that now I can no longer get the disc tray to open (it could open before I flashed the drive). The only thing that does happen when pressing the eject button is the light on it flashes for a couple of seconds.
    I appreciate any advice given to fix this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xEnchantedx View Post
    Hi everyone. I am having an issue with my blu-ray drive.
    As the title states, I just flashed it using the SDFTool flasher and with patched firmware. Windows recognises my drive and so does MakeMKV (no issues there). MakeMKV also now mentions that LibreDrive drive is enabled. The main problem is that now I can no longer get the disc tray to open (it could open before I flashed the drive). The only thing that does happen when pressing the eject button is the light on it flashes for a couple of seconds.
    did you try uninstalling / reinstalling the drive ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Longshot, but did you power off your pc, wait a few minutes and then restart?
    The firmware maybe correctly flashed but not loaded, a power cycle may fix that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by xEnchantedx View Post
    Hi everyone. I am having an issue with my blu-ray drive.
    did you try uninstalling / reinstalling the drive ??
    Yes I did.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jan5678 View Post
    Longshot, but did you power off your pc, wait a few minutes and then restart?
    The firmware maybe correctly flashed but not loaded, a power cycle may fix that.
    Yes I did try that and nothing changed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There's a small hole near the eject button, push a hairpin in it and it will open the drive, press the eject button to see if it starts working again. Why did you mess with a brand new drive? did it stop functioning?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Flashing the drive gives it the option to recognize and rip uhd blu-ray discs.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that's a fairly old drive. sometimes the tray gears get sticky. try pushing the button and prying the sides open with tiny screwdrivers.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same drive and patched it and it works with no issues.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by 4kblurayguru View Post
    There's a small hole near the eject button, push a hairpin in it and it will open the drive, press the eject button to see if it starts working again. Why did you mess with a brand new drive? did it stop functioning?
    Thanks for the tip, I will do that when I get home.
    As the comment below stated, flashing certain drives enables UHD features. I did the same thing with an older drive I had before without issues.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by 4kblurayguru View Post
    There's a small hole near the eject button, push a hairpin in it and it will open the drive, press the eject button to see if it starts working again. Why did you mess with a brand new drive? did it stop functioning?
    So I tried the hairpin thing on the blu-ray drive, and it didn't seem to want to open. To answer your functioning question, I don't think it stopped functioning completely? If it did, I don't think the light on it would blink on and off when I try to eject the tray.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Might want to check to see if the There's any door movement at all,not sure if that model uses a rubber belt to move it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Might want to check to see if the There's any door movement at all,not sure if that model uses a rubber belt to move it.
    There isn't. However, I have noticed that in MakeMKV, the disc tray shows that the drive is "open" when it actually isn't. Possibly from me trying to use the hairpin.
    Quote Quote