VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to install AVISynth in a location other than Program Files (x86).

Say, to C:\AVISynth or another drive altogether. Is this possible/allowable?

The reasons I ask is because I want to rid myself of the annoying "Admin rights required" messages when putting things in or out of the PF folders and so I can create (Right click >New...) TXT documents in the AVISynth folders for notes purposes, which I can't do in the Program Files folder.

I don't want to "try" it myself as I've just got AVIsynth working after many hours and I don't want to upset the applecart by uninstalling it all.

Thanks for any info on this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can specify a custom location by editing the configuration file using the Groucho2004's Universal Avisynth Installer. It will edit the registry entries appropriately. The 1st post has instructions
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172124

avisynth.dll for installed versions will always be in Windows\System32 folder for x64, and Windows\SysWOW64 for x86

Because the bundled of that installer versions are a few years old, to swap versions, many people just replace the avisynth.dll to update versions
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks PDR, I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Jagabo.
    Quote Quote