VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have 3 external burners, 2 of them are Pioneer and 1 is LG. I have a desktop and a laptop PC. Both have Windows 11.

All manner of disks is recognized on my laptop through all 3 burners. However, my desktop has a problem recognizing BluRays ONLY on all 3 players?

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do, since I can't find any solutions online for my specific problem? I have tried all the usual methods of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, etc...

Is there a driver I can download?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does your desktop windows 11 not see the bluray disc in the drive ??
    Last edited by october262; 30th Jun 2022 at 01:25.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Download Device Cleanup.
    https://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/DeviceCleanup.zip
    Disconnect all external burners.
    Extract the archive where you want and run devicecleanup.exe as administrator.
    All non present devices are shown. Select all and delete them.
    Then plug in one external burner, wait until the device is installed and retry with your BR Disk.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    does your desktop windows 11 not see the bluray disc in the drive ??
    Yes, that's the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Download Device Cleanup.
    https://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/DeviceCleanup.zip
    Disconnect all external burners.
    Extract the archive where you want and run devicecleanup.exe as administrator.
    All non present devices are shown. Select all and delete them.
    Then plug in one external burner, wait until the device is installed and retry with your BR Disk.
    Didn't work
    Last edited by magnu; 30th Jun 2022 at 04:35.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    I have 3 external burners, 2 of them are Pioneer and 1 is LG. I have a desktop and a laptop PC. Both have Windows 11.

All manner of disks is recognized on my laptop through all 3 burners. However, my desktop has a problem recognizing BluRays ONLY on all 3 players?

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do, since I can't find any solutions online for my specific problem? I have tried all the usual methods of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, etc...

Assuming the problem occurs when you try to play a Blu-ray disc, what software are you using to play Blu-ray on the desktop? If the problem occurs when you try to burn a Blu-ray disc, are you connecting the drives to the desktop with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I have 3 external burners, 2 of them are Pioneer and 1 is LG. I have a desktop and a laptop PC. Both have Windows 11.

Assuming the problem occurs when you try to play a Blu-ray disc, what software are you using to play Blu-ray on the desktop? If the problem occurs when you try to burn a Blu-ray disc, are you connecting the drives to the desktop with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?
    The problem has nothing to do with playing or burning the discs. They are not recognized at all, and before anyone asks, I have tried many many Blu-Rays all official and all in my own region. I have tried the drives on both USB 2 & 3 on my desktop but nothing happens? My laptop only has USB 2 but they are all fine there.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Delete the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters and restart the computer.
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-delete-the-upperfilters-and-lowerfilters-registry-values-2619222
    Make a Backup of the whole {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Key first.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem has nothing to do with playing or burning the discs. They are not recognized at all, and before anyone asks, I have tried many many Blu-Rays all official and all in my own region. I have tried the drives on both USB 2 & 3 on my desktop but nothing happens? My laptop only has USB 2 but they are all fine there.
    I found what appears to be a good troubleshooting guide if you want to try doing that again: https://www.driversupport.com/knowledge-article/your-blu-ray-player-is-not-recognizing...iscs-now-what/ If that doesn't work, then I don't know what else to try short of doing a fresh install of Windows.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Delete the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters and restart the computer.
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-delete-the-upperfilters-and-lowerfilters-registry-values-2619222
    I did exactly as suggested here and I now have a BSOD which I cannot get out of!!!???
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    I did exactly as suggested here and I now have a BSOD which I cannot get out of!!!???
    Try to boot in safe mode.
    if the BSOD appears at boot time, interrupt the boot process 3 times. at the 4th time the option to boot into safe mode should appear.
    If you're able to boot in safe mode, delete the cdrom entry in the device manager and reboot normally
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Try to boot in safe mode.
    if the BSOD appears at boot time, interrupt the boot process 3 times. at the 4th time the option to boot into safe mode should appear.
    If you're able to boot in safe mode, delete the cdrom entry in the device manager and reboot normally
    I cannot get into Safe Mode?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Do you have any WinPe CD, Windows install DVD, or stick to boot from?
    Quote Quote