VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Yo! It's been years since I've lurked around in here.
    Anyone know who manufactures the Dell USB DVD Drive-DW316?
    I bought a cheap Acer Laptop that has no cd/dvd drive. I'm curious who manufactures the Dell external dvd drive.
    I have tons of internal dvd rewriters and was able to hook one up to my laptop. But having the sabrent cables to use with it is a PITA.
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_external_sto...uide_en-us.pdf

In the last page of the User’s Guide above under Regulatory Information, I read DW316 and in parenthesis GP61NB60, which I think is an LG model.

From the pictures also in the User's Guide, it appears that it uses a mini USB cable.

Don't you have the original cable that came with the Dell drive?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kyrcy View Post
    https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_external_sto...uide_en-us.pdf

In the last page of the User’s Guide above under Regulatory Information, I read DW316 and in parenthesis GP61NB60, which I think is an LG model.

From the pictures also in the User's Guide, it appears that it uses a mini USB cable.

Don't you have the original cable that came with the Dell drive?
    Thanks for replying. I don't own a Dell laptop. I was just wondering who was the manufacturer for that Dell external dvd drive.
    I bought a cheap Acer laptop that doesn't have a optical drive. Since it could be a LG drive I'll just buy the LG with that same model number.
    Quote Quote