VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please could somebody help, I have a LG CDRW/DVD combo. I use Power DVD 4, but it will not play back some region DVDs. how can I fix this???
    Thanks in advance, Pip
    Pip@easy.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bump...

... Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh. This really must be the record for grave-digging even if it is the OP who is posting.

Where, I must ask, have you been for the past 16 years ?. Certainly not reading the forum it seems. And you hardly helped your case by not mentioning the model no of the dvd drive.

Does not matter since I suspect you have a RPC 2 drive and that can not be un-locked as RPC 1 drives could. So by reading the forum you would have gleaned that your best solution would be the free version of dvdpasskey (defaults to free just for dvd after the trial period)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Or use a player that ignores the region code. Like VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    So by reading the forum you would have gleaned that your best solution would be the free version of dvdpasskey (defaults to free just for dvd after the trial period)
    Yes. There is no way to prevent PowerDVD from setting the region code for DVD and Blu-ray drives and checking DVDs against it. DVDFab Passkey gets around region code enforcement by making DVDs appear to be region free/all-region. DVDFab Passkey also decrypts on the fly and can allows older versions of PowerDVD to work with new movies that cannot otherwise be played.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Or use a player that ignores the region code. Like VLC.
    +1

It may not have all the bells and whistles that Power DVD, even that ancient version you quote, has. But you can still access the dvd menus.

Or is this regurgerated topic just an wind-up ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the swiftish replies, evryone.

I'll look at all you suggested. I'll let you know how I get on in the next decade or so.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The point of these forums is that people give their time to actually help.

The nature of your response does not believe that you seriously resurrected the topic to get the help that the original Q. deserved >> I can not speak of 2002 since I was not around here back then.

If I am wrong then the least you can do is apologise for that last post.
    Quote Quote