VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. heyy all,
    i hope someone can guide me help me...
    what i have is an .flv file, mediainfo reports it as avc codec. 4:3
    i want to convert the .flv to (doesnt really matters which format) but preferably to HQ iPod 16:9..
    1. i cant open the avc h264 flv in virtualdub.. how do i do that?
    2. what is the best way to convert it from 4:3 to 16:9 (resolution i think then should be 640x360?)
    3. most programs i tried to convert with, the resulting file video allways is a little bit blocky and got noise.. how can i avoid that?
    4. i heart that cyberlinks mediaespresso 6 is an program which got true theather filter, will that avoid the blocky noise?

i know im asking a lot of questions.. but i realllyyyy want to convert it to an HQ video. (and yes the flv is reasonable quality, doesnt got grainy blocky noise..)

thanks in advance..

PS: what i have installed till so far is only K-lite codec pack.
    Last edited by angles; 19th Aug 2010 at 14:45.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) dump the tiny blue font.

2)maybe then it will be legible.

3)you can't convert from 4:3 to 16x9 without cutting off the top and bottom or adding black bars on the sides.

4)give xmediarecode a try.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. 4:3 to 16:9 with black bars on the side only possible? i guess the black bars will be on the left and right. thats not xacly what i want..hmm guess ill leave 4:3 in 4:3 and forget about the 16:9. and cutting off from the top and bottom is nope.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the only other choice to go from 4:3 to 16x9 is to stretch the horizontal and make everything short and fat.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    the only other choice to go from 4:3 to 16x9 is to stretch the horizontal and make everything short and fat.
    lol not shure wheter i like my favorite actress looking short and fat
    but its a pity that there really is no way to convert 480x360 4:3 to 640x360 16:9
    Quote Quote