VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded and installed VOB2MPG which went fine but when I try to run it I get the error shown in the screen capture. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

Well it seems I am having trouble posting the screen capture. I tried selecting upload image but nothing happens and I tried upload files/manage attachments and when I selected the file was told it was an invalid file type. It is a 33kb jpg so not sure what the problem is. The error window title says Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime and in the body says This application has encountered an error: 0xD0000135. Please contact the publisher of this application for more information.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right click the image/properties -
    on the general tab, does it say "type of file" - jpeg image ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It says JPEG Image (JPG)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For now, upload it to an image hosting site and put the link here
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did use the upload files/manage attachments and if I click on that now it shows the file is there just don’t know how to get it into this post/thread.

This might do it?

https://files.videohelp.com/u/155657/Capture.jpeg
    Last edited by jackdup; 5th May 2023 at 21:10.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're going to have to do some research. Search this forum for that error code.
    Vob2mpg hasn't been updated since 2010, some users had it working in Windows 8 but not 8.1 or newer.

Probably best to look for something else to do what ever it is you're trying to accomplish.
    Perhaps this will work:
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVDVob2Mpg
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks, I’ll give it a try. I have a lot of DVDs I would like to load onto a hard drive rather than always having to look for a specific DVD. I have Aimersoft which is supposed to do that but the resulting video on the hard drive is often the wrong aspect ratio or has a black border around the entire video or other issues. I have also tried Handbrake and have issues with it as well. I can play the DVD in my DVD player or BluRay player and the video is fine so am looking for something to move the video from the DVD to a hard drive without any changes. Both Aimersoft and Handbrake have a considerable amount of settings which can change the video but don’t want to change anything or convert it and from some of the reading I have done here it seemed like VOB2MPG is simple, straightforward and would do what I want to do but if you have a better suggestion I would certainly give it a try.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  8. VOB2MPG v3 works on my Win 10 computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Let's just say, for the point of discussion, that you get vob2mpeg to work. But....

From my own experience in using it, it not a ripper. It will not transpose vobs that are on a dvd-disk to a single mpg. But it will transpose that were on a dvd-disk to a single mpg.

For the former, assuming that the dvd has content protection, you end end up with a mpg that is by no means smooth. With the latter, after a 1:1 rip with all ifos and vobs now residing on your HD you will get a proper mpg.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Let's just say, for the point of discussion, that you get vob2mpeg to work. But....

From my own experience in using it, it not a ripper. It will not transpose vobs that are on a dvd-disk to a single mpg. But it will transpose that were on a dvd-disk to a single mpg.

For the former, assuming that the dvd has content protection, you end end up with a mpg that is by no means smooth. With the latter, after a 1:1 rip with all ifos and vobs now residing on your HD you will get a proper mpg.
    want to try again? doesn't make any sense - "It will not transpose vobs that are on a dvd-disk to a single mpg. But it will transpose that were on a dvd-disk to a single mpg."
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  11. VOB2MPG can't decrypt commercial DVDs. You must use some other tool to decrypt -- DVD Decrypter, DVD Fab... Then use DVD2MPG to remux to MPG.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    or better yet use makemkv to decrypt it and turn it into a usable mkv video file.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @aedipussjagabo clarified my 'confusing' use of 'are' (as in still on the physical disk) and 'were' (as now on a HDD)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, I'm still as confused as ever!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Just keep taking the medication and you will be fine !
    Quote Quote