VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi... I have other two questions.

1) I have various videos that after downsizing create bandings problems. In Staxrip is better to deband and after that downsize or downsize and deband? Same queston for deblock, is better do deblock before or after downsize? What is the better downsizer for avoid Banding problems. I have tried Lanczos and banding problems occurs. Now I will try Spline64

2) In Staxrip I use ffmpeg PRORES / MOV.
    In Encoder options, under Decoder, I use Avisynth/Vapoursynth. Obviously using NVIDIA, is faster with my graphics card, but for example I have seen that If I use Nvidia as a Decoded with QTGMC, the Deinterlacing is not as good as using Avisynth. The problem is in QTGMC that can use only software decoders or is a general problem with Staxrip with some settings? If i use GPU in Ripbot, the results are good like software. Probably my error is when I use PRORES instead of NVENC h.264. Can someone tell me the best settings to achieve superb quality with NVENC h.264? My card is a RTX3070

P.S. I want to try AutoAdjust for the colours. When the software ask if the input is TV Range or not, where i can see if the input is TV RANGE or not? When I select output, I have to select TV RANGE or not?
    Last edited by salvo00786; 1st Sep 2022 at 09:06.
    Quote Quote  
  2. In the meantime I have another question. I have deinterlaced with QTGMC various dvd that I want to upscale. From the file info:

Formato : ProRes
    Formatoversion : Version 0
    Formatoprofile : 422
    Codec ID : apcn
    Durata (ms) : 1h 51mn
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 61.0 Mbps
    Larghezza : 720 pixels
    Altezza : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Costante
    Frame rate : 59.940 (60000/1001) fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Scan type : Progressiva
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.945
    Stream size : 47.4 GB (100%)
    Writing library : fmpg.
    If I want to upscale it is necessary to convert colours from BT601 to BT709 or not?

If I have to convert colours, can you give me a line code? Someone told me that HDRMatrix is better than ColorMatrix.

Let me know
    Quote Quote