VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://www.amazon.com/ZESTYI-Portable-Personal-Headrest-Charger/dp/B06XS82R2D?th=1

Has anyone here had any experience with this particular player with regard to changing DVD regions? The production description on Amazon very clearly says it's region free, but when I tried R2 DVDs on it, it said "Wrong Region."

Edit: Just realized I meant to put this in the DVD Player subforum. Can a mod please move it there?
    Last edited by RightThere; 2nd Aug 2017 at 18:16.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could it be it does not play PAL disks ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    copying the R2 disc will make it region free. but then the player may not handle PAL video format
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Could it be it does not play PAL disks ?
    After asking the seller, he told me that this is how to make the portable DVD player region free:

1. Open the DVD tray, but do not insert any DVDs, so that the screen displays the word "open".
    2. Aim the remote control at the infrared receiver, then press buttons 1, 3, 8, and 9 one after another.
    3. On the DVD player hardware info screen that appears, press button 0 on the remote to make the player region free.
    4. Press SETUP to finish and close the configuration.
    5. Press SETUP Again, go to "Preferences," and set "TV Type" to "Auto" (not NTSC or PAL).

These steps do work for this particular portable DVD player.
    Last edited by RightThere; 3rd Aug 2017 at 20:31.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'll move the thread to the Blu-ray and DVD Players Forum.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Honestly, It's a nice DVD player and does it's job well. The feel of it is really cheap, like I am afraid if I handle it too much it might break. But then again it was very cheap and for this price this player probably the best option.
    Great picture, good sound and I like that it came with a mount and remote control.
    What distinguishes XTRONS Dual Portable DVD Player from the others is that it can be used for playing 32-bits games. Have been using it for over 2 years and still LOVE IT!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have now added the remote control region hack for this player:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/zestyi-ze-93/12800
    Quote Quote