VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Greetings..
    hope are active members of this forum/community are fine..

i have issues with my 3D viewing.. so, that's why i seek some expert's suggestion.

Sir, i have purchased a very high end (award winning top model of 2016) LG OLED65G6T 65inch TV. (9999AUD)
    and also purchased best 4k blu-ray player Samsung UBD-K8500. (299USD)

now when i tried to view 3D movies on my my player. It seems to me i am not getting perfect/actual 3D effect.

In some cases depth seems to be fine but there is no (very hard to find out) pop-out (by pop-out i mean it's looks like something getting out of TV screen).

I hope i don't have to explain what is pop out effect as almost every 3D fans knows what is it.

I purchased original 3D blu-ray disc just to get best 3D and picture quality . but i am not getting it.

so, i can't figure out where is the problem is it on my TV setting issue or the player setting issue.

i have attached both (TV And 4K Player) settings picture/shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4k Player Config-1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	42365

Name:	TV Config-2.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	42366

Name:	4k Player Config-2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	42367

Name:	4k Player Config-3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	42368

Name:	TV Config-1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	42369

FYI: 1. I have set HDMI Deep Color on, though i even tried with DEEP Color OFF. No difference.
    2. There is a option to convert frames 24 to get better quality, i don't know whether that one is the culprit..
    3. To be sure, i have tried Amazing Spider Man 2. I also seen this movie on theatre. On theatre there are a lot of pop-out effect on very first action scene. But on my TV no pop-out at all.
    4. When i start playing 3D movie, my TV detect 3D signal automatically and switch on 3D Mode Automatically.
    4. I am out of ideas...

any help will be highly appreciated

thanks in advance
    best regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    spiderman 2 does not have much in the way of 3d things popping out of the screen. you can check which movies have good 3d effects at http://www.cinemablend.com/3d?ss52uQ_page=1

Name:	2017-07-19_125530.png
Views:	93
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	42370

there are no adjustments that will make things look more 3d. you get whatever the producer put in the movie, or nothing at all...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    spiderman 2 does not have much in the way of 3d things popping out of the screen. you can check which movies have good 3d effects at http://www.cinemablend.com/3d?ss52uQ_page=1
    there are no adjustments that will make things look more 3d. you get whatever the producer put in the movie, or nothing at all...
    thanks for your reply sir, but not only spider man 2, i tried ROTG (Rise Of The Gurdians), Big Hero 6. All are same; no 3D effect ;(

any idea?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Let me guess...you have the hdmi going from the bd player to a receiver/switcher and from there to the tv?
    If that is true, bets are that the receiver doesn't support 3d so it reverts back to 2d. Solution there would be upgrading the receiver or going from bd to tv to rcvr (maybe via hdmi, but maybe via toslink, etc).

Strip the problem down to known good elements for each link in the chain.
    Either something is broken or you are doing something wrong (and/or not telling us all pertinent info).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    in your settings picture you have 3d set to "dual play" - that's only for using the tv for 2 player games. try clicking the reset 3d settings button and try the stock settings.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote