VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to unlock the regions on my Sony DVD BDP S5200 and even paid to get the code and the instructions will not work. I have a dvd that I purchased from Ireland that I want to watch and not able to ... Any suggestions on what to do
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    be advised the not all dvd players are capable of being unlocked.
    especially anything made by sony.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Really.... I purchased online a code to unlock it and the directions that was given don't work and the place I bought the DVD won't issue a refund either.. I am so upset over this
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by upset momma View Post
    Really.... I purchased online a code to unlock it
    You got ripped off.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there anyway to unlock this particular DVD player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is there anyway to unlock this particular DVD player?
    Many years ago there were dozens of DVD players that were either unlocked "out of the box" or easy to unlock....those days ended quite a while ago. Today there are only a small handful of Blu Ray players that can be unlocked (only for DVD playback).
    Sony was never in either of these two categories.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this really bites. i don't know what to do i can not afford to purchase another dvd player and i really want to watch this movie i bought..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Most current Sony players can be unlocked. I hate to see people ripped off so hope this works for you.
    Try this method works on E.U. players :

Try this as it works for previous models.Use a one for all remote.

Put player in standby press DVD or Aux key on one for all remote
    Press and hold Magic key until dvd blinks twice then press 994
    Press magic key (do not hold) press 1891 dvd blinks twice
    Repeat hold magic key until dvd blinks twice then press 994
    press 2552 blinks twice
    repeat hold magic press 994
    press 0953 blinks twice
    press 2214 blinks twice
    press 0795 blinks twice
    Put player in standy with oneforall remote
    press 12345 allow 2secs between presses player comes on
    now press 12345 and player turns off
    disconnect power from socket for 5 secs
    Reconnect and player is DVD regon free!!

Be very careful to press the correct keys as sometimes you have to do it twice.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by upset momma View Post
    I am trying to unlock the regions on my Sony DVD BDP S5200 and even paid to get the code and the instructions will not work. I have a dvd that I purchased from Ireland that I want to watch and not able to ... Any suggestions on what to do
    Is it a US or E.U. player as the U.S. one will not play Pal Ireland DVDs.However a E.U. player WILL with the hack play U.S. dvds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh boy, more ridiculously vague or flat-out wrong information allowed to pollute videohelp.com.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Oh boy, more ridiculously vague or flat-out wrong information allowed to pollute videohelp.com.
    Information is correct unless you have something more constructive to post keep your comments to yourself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Pajo100 View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Information is correct unless you have something more constructive to post keep your comments to yourself.
    Oh boy, where do I start?
    Use a one for all remote.
    There are currently at least 20 OneForAll remotes available, care to elaborate on which one?
    Didn't think so 'cause you are just jerkin' people's chains.

the U.S. one will not play Pal Ireland DVDs.
    Wrong again....region free has ZERO to do with PAL/NTSC....DVD players don't care
    about PAL or NTSC....it's the US televisions that reject PAL.

Anything else?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would just use some copy/ripping software
    Use my pc, to copy the disc to my hard drive
    Watch on pc or burn new region zero disc
    You are a new member, but you could have been watching the video/movie an hour or two after it arrived
    Instead of going thru all this
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM

Wrong again....region free has ZERO to do with PAL/NTSC....DVD players don't care
    Some US model DVD players also reject PAL. I tried a region free PAL DVD in an old Panasonic DVD recorder/player, which has no problems playing region free NTSC DVDs burned on the same media. The Panasonic refused to play the DVD, displaying the error message for an incompatible disk.

Successful PAL DVD playback on US model players and TVs can happen, but the disc needs to be region free or all region, the player needs to be able to convert the signal to 480i/480p, and HDMI is likely required.

The same DVD that was rejected by the Panasonic played fine on a Region 1 US model Magnavox DVD recorder/player, a Region 1 US model Philips DVD player, and a Region A/Region 1 US model LG Blu-Ray player. None of the players were hacked, but all of them had the ability to convert the video to 480i/480p for HDMI output. The US 2011 model LG and 2008 model Samsung LCD TVs connected to the players could display the resulting video with no problems. Things might have been different had the TVs and Players been connected via a composite, S-Video or component.

The easiest and least expensive way to watch the DVD would be to play it with a computer using MPCHC.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it a US or E.U. player as the U.S. one will not play Pal Ireland DVDs.However a E.U. player WILL with the hack play U.S. dvds.
    The thread starter is in Tennessee, which is in the USA, which means she has US model player. Posting your hack was a waste of time.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The thread starter is in Tennessee, which is in the USA, which means she has US model player. Posting your hack was a waste of time.
    Not really as they possibly are a Irish ex-pat with a Pal player. A little help goes a long way.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Oh boy, where do I start?
    Use a one for all remote.
    There are currently at least 20 OneForAll remotes available, care to elaborate on which one?

Anything else?
    Quote:There are currently at least 20 OneForAll remotes available, care to elaborate on which one?

What a plonker we are talking DVD here and 99% have dvd key or aux key.
    Wake up man.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not really as they possibly are a Irish ex-pat with a Pal player. A little help goes a long way.
    So what are the odds that a "dvd from Ireland" will not play for an "Irish ex-pat with a Pal player" ?

When you are in a hole, stop digging.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Always knew yanks were a bit silly now you have confirmed it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have to agree with Hech
    If they already own a pal player, the disc is going to play
    They have a USA model player, or he wouldn't be having this problem
    The OP has not posted back, and I don't blame him
    This thread has gotten ridiculous
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Always knew yanks were a bit silly now you have confirmed it.
    You are a hybrid between a defiant spammer who protests loudly for one or two posts then disappears
    and one of those posters in the HACKS section who gets his giggles posting ridiculous, made-up hacks for
    players made in Uzbekistan between the months of May and July in 2003.
    Internet Hero.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is a very unlikely scenario. A DVD sourced from Ireland should normally play in an Irish region 2 PAL player. In order for it not to play, the DVD would have to be something other than region-free, All Region, or Region 2, and would be considered an imported DVD in Ireland!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi Upset Momma,

I hope your not put off by all the mocking about by Heck54 and others. I hope that you see, based on the comment "You got ripped off", that the value to the conversation is "zero"
    The hack that pajo100 provided might actually work. If you google "videohelp BDP-S6200" or "videohelp BDP-S5100" you get some more explanation on the hack pajo100 provided.

From Europe with love.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The solution to playing different region dvd's and Blurays on the Sony S5200 is to leave the player tray open, power on. Then, on the remote control, press the blue, green, red, or yellow button to change the region. You may have to hold the button down for several seconds. I heard a click when the region changed. Then, close the tray and watch your disk.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hech 54 Do you normally go out of your way to upset people???? If you cant post something constructive stay off this site or better still switch your PC off permanently I am also trying to free the regions on my player which is the same as this
    Quote Quote  
  26. Still seeking hints for BDPS1500.
    The "standard Sony Hack" that Pajo100 mentioned above does not work on this player (purchased in US: BR A/DVD region1) or the BDPS1500 (purchased in NZ: BR B/DVD 4).
    I tried Vinbel1961's method on both players as well: it also didn't work.

To Pajo's credit, the advice was good: for the naysayers above, if you check out other postings, ANY of the OneForAll remotes with a "magic" button is fine for this task, and his programming instructions are accurate. I have one of these remotes and have checked his instructions. Unfortunately it just doesn't work on all Sony firmware or players - namely these ones.

So.... if anyone out there has some other useful hints for this player to get it at least multi-region for DVD, would appreciate it. Multiregion Blu-ray would be a nice bonus!
    Quote Quote