VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, I'm new here and I'm looking for the region code for a SONY BDP-S6700.
    It is a European Blu-Ray player (zone 2), but I need to watch DVD and Blu-Ray (zone 1) from US and Canada.
    Is anyone can help on this?
    Thank you so much in advance!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    don't count on it. anything made by sony is the most difficult to make region free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I need the hack for a region 4 version of the same. I have made sony players region free in the past. It wasn't that difficult but I did have to use an all-in-one remote to do it and on a previous one I had to use a dvd image to change. As the same player is available in a region free form I'm sure there's a hack out there... waiting patiently.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is it possible that it is the same as the s6500?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CarloGesualdo View Post
    Is it possible that it is the same as the s6500?
    Could be but as there appears to be no known remote hack for 6500 only a hardware mod I wouldn't bet on it.
    The common codes that turn up on internet relate to earlier models which are quite different in look and feel i.e. had display and different user interface.
    Last one that worked for me was 5200 but suspect end came when the new interface arrived.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Therefore. Still looking for a hack either code or image file...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect you will need a hardware hack. There was a company in Melbourne, Australia that did/does this but elsewhere?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the only reasonable thing nowdays is to buy your player already modded for multiregion by the shop.
    This might be different in Oz where "Fair Trade" guidelines forced Manufacturers to be less bloody-minded about Region locks, though the Manufacturers over the last few years seem to have used the introduction of BD to argue that it's "Not a DVD player" to get around the guidlines.
    There's a UK shop I know that mods BD players, but it's expensive - £149 to mod DVD + BD on a Sony BDP-S7200 for instance. The same shop sells a bran new modded Sony BDP-S6700 for £199.
    Quote Quote