VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was surfing Ebay and stumbled upon an interesting auction. Here is the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2734053335&category=41795

This guy claims its SONY 4x OEM discs. I was wondering if these look familiar to anybody or if anybody had tried these. The price is really good, but it doesn't do anything if the quality sucks.

P.S. I am not a seller or in anyway associated with the seller's of these discs. I just want some feedback, so please do not lock this post.
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's a great price however the seller has 6 negative feedbacks out of 45 which is very poor IMO. I have 331 positive feedbacks and zero negative on eBay. I'm not saying don't buy the media but if I was to do it I would go into it knowing I may not get a thing (it's a risk). BTW I have never been shafted by any buyer on eBay so I have been lucky I guess. Anyway you can view the sellers feedback here FYI.
    http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=vexpress430

Also one thing that really bothers me about this auction is the only payment method is PayPal. Most legit sellers will accept many forms of payment.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 6 negative feedbacks from 1 buyer who has no feedback at all. Very tempting
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Artistimus
    6 negative feedbacks from 1 buyer who has no feedback at all. Very tempting
    Yeah that is strange since no one can leave feedback on a seller or buyer unless they have won an auction from the buyer or the seller may post feedback on a buyer of an auction. So how does this one member post six negative feedbacks on a single seller weird?

I would buy the discs if it were not for the PayPal only terms. I prefer to pay via check that way I have an address and phone number for the seller.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have an address and phone number for the seller
    with fake id's, ssn's, etc.. out there..you can have an address of someone who you think is the seller.

If anyone jumps on these and wins the bid, please report in detail your results.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Did anyone ever get any of these? Just curious.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by defense
    I have an address and phone number for the seller
    with fake id's, ssn's, etc.. out there..you can have an address of someone who you think is the seller.

If anyone jumps on these and wins the bid, please report in detail your results.
    Payment via a personal check requires a valid address for you to mail the check to. That's more than you will ever get with PayPal and also why I don't trust a seller that will only take PayPal as payment. The only time I have used PayPal was when I won a bid on a part for my 1957 Desoto from a seller in Australia and sending a cashiers check is a pain.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I don't usually get the items on Ebay for a couple of different reasons. One is, the price they're going for is really no different than any other place I can get the discs, and the sellers usually charge an outrageous amount to ship them. Second, I hardly ever order online, only because I am impatient and don't like to wait forever to get my order. But if you look at the prices of some of the discs that are selling on Ebay, you can get them from an actual store, online or otherwise, for the same price or cheaper, and you know who you're getting them from.

BTW, when I list on Ebay I only accept Paypal as payment because it's easier for everyone involved, the transactions occur quicker, and I don't want to wait the 5+ business days it takes for someone's check to clear my checking account.

JMHO,

Kellygirl
    Quote Quote  
  9. auction is closed.

Nowhere on the disks did they say they are Sony disks. They are probably cheap HK disks.

If they were SONY they would say SONY on them clearly.
    Quote Quote  
  10. No, he still auctioning a ton of them. Just click view sellers other items.
    Quote Quote  
  11. what i'm still not hearing or "reading" is how someone can have thousands of transactions and be a "power seller" through EBAY. It seems logically, that these are legit SONY disks, because this guy has a good reputation. But noone gambled and ordered any of these?
    Quote Quote  
  12. @handyguy,

Just because a disc is manufactured by SONY doesn't mean that the disc must necessarily have the word SONY etched onto the disc's label. If you put the discs through DVDInfo or a similar program, you should find that they have been encoded with the SONY manufacturer ID. I have SONY OEM DVD-R's with printable surfaces and they're very good quality discs! And yes, they have a SONY manufacturing ID.

TerminalVeloCD
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just because a disc is manufactured by SONY doesn't mean that the disc must necessarily have the word SONY etched onto the disc's label. If you put the discs through DVDInfo or a similar program, you should find that they have been encoded with the SONY manufacturer ID. I have SONY OEM DVD-R's with printable surfaces and they're very good quality discs! And yes, they have a SONY manufacturing ID.
    Just curious where you got these and what you paid for them. You are correct though regarding them not necessarily having to say the word 'SONY' on them. The ACCU disks i've been so high on which were SONY MANUFACTURER ID's I really got for a steal...only had ONE OUT OF 100+ go bad, and that was last night due to something completely unrelated to the disk...it was something which occurred with AVISYNTH.

At any rate, I am pretty sure though that on the EBAY site, the person selling them had "PICTURES" of the disks, and they were wore a red label and said the word "SONY' on the disks...so not sure what's going on.
    Quote Quote  
  14. The labels on the disk were home made and didn't say sony. If you look at his other auctions they all have different labels on them, just threw them on to look pretty.
    Quote Quote  
  15. The discs I got from this seller were identical to the DVD Pro discs I ordered and returned to cdrdvdrmedia.com They say they can burn at 4X and they even test that way, but the drive will only burn at 2X. The seller shipped via media mail, despite charging $13. I was given instructions on how to return the item, so we'll see if they credit my card immediately. The Accu discs I ordered from cdrdvdrmedia.com will not burn at 4X on my Sony drx 500 ulx, either. So far, only memorex 4X do. I even updated the firmware. I'll try Ritek next and if those don't work, I'm just going to go back to the cheaper 1X.
    Quote Quote  
  16. So it seems like another Princo fake media ID scam.
    Quote Quote